Storage Auctions

Wow, what luck!

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Wow, what luck!
« on: January 10, 2013, 12:47:18 PM »
I was working on the auction schedules for next week when I got a phone call. The guy introduced himself as a owner of a storage facility about 30 miles away and asked me if I buy storage units, which I immediately responded yes. Apparently he saw our website and thought we bought storage units instead of providing auction schedules. He told me that he had 5 storage units that the tenants had been paying on for several years and then they just disappeared and stopped paying. He sounded like he was more concerned about getting the units cleaned out than how much he got for them so this could be a good score.

I'm the only person he has contacted about this so I'm heading out soon to make him an offer on all of them...even if some of them are crap, it will help establish a good relationship. I want this guy to call me first every time he has a delinquent tenant.

I'll give you guys an update once I know more.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Wow, what luck!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 06:13:10 PM »
If it seems too good to be true, it usually is. Turned out to only be 4 units when I got there. All 4 units look like the stuff came off the set of The Jefferson's. Made the guy an offer on 2 units. One had a beer collection and a ton of Nascar collectables brand new in the box. Never would have expected to see a beer and a Nascar collection together.  ::)
The other unit had a small jewelry box with a bunch of costume jewelry and a few pieces of 10K and sterling. Possibly more, but I have to get it checked out.

I'm kind of hoping that the guy says no to my offer because it's going to be a lot of work and if I don't find anything else of value in these units, I would be lucky to break even.

xx
Beginners luck

Started by jme9626

3 Replies
Last post October 21, 2013, 06:18:48 PM
by TechGromit
xx
Police auctions…what luck have you had ?

Started by MovieMan

3 Replies
Last post December 27, 2013, 01:30:28 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
call it beginners luck

Started by Adam

6 Replies
Last post March 31, 2013, 10:22:17 PM
by HomeGrownPromos
xx
eBay Classified Ads....What luck have you had ?

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post November 26, 2012, 09:39:51 AM
by Cobia