Storage Auctions

Alias

Offline Alias

• View Profile
Alias
« on: January 12, 2012, 02:02:24 PM »
Hey,

Just found about this site from a guy at an auction. Pretty much have read every post and seems cool.

I haven't been around the auction scene in years. Never bid, worked for a guy. I got into the auto side. Flip'n some cars but mostly parting out. Economy killed that so have been pick'n, recycling and a bit of urban mining.  All the above on a "if it falls in my lap" basis, havent been serious, but getting more so.

Thought I'd try my hand at auctions. Starting out I'm more interested in finding stuff for myself but if I can make a little on the side I'm good with that too!

From what I already do I have the contacts to sell, so just seemed like a good direction to investigate....

Re: Alias
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 07:10:01 PM »
Hey!!  you made it... 

Welcome to Storage Auction forums and if you have questions, feel free to ask around. 

glad you got in despite the problems you were having. 

Todd

Offline Alias

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 07:21:55 PM »
Thanks for you help!

....should add that by urban mining I don't mean I'm some meth head stripping copper wire out of construction sites!   I mean old fire place mantles, windows and...yes the old copper pipes.  But with permission or out of long ago abandoned homes in the country.

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 08:26:34 PM »
welcome

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 09:35:18 PM »
Welcome and enjoy!

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 07:46:06 AM »
Thanks for you help!

....should add that by urban mining I don't mean I'm some meth head stripping copper wire out of construction sites!   I mean old fire place mantles, windows and...yes the old copper pipes.  But with permission or out of long ago abandoned homes in the country.

When you said "urban mining", I thought you were just like the guy in New York City who combs the sidewalks of the jewelry district. He scoops all the dirt and dust out of the sidewalk cracks and pans it for the gold dust. He also gets on his hands and knees and picks little pieces of cut jems out of crevices and gum patches. I think he said he makes something like $50 - $250 a day urban mining.

Offline acman

• Buying lockers without paying retail, FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 12:15:10 PM »
Holy crap, talk about making a ok living. Dude should get a coffee can and double his money, pan for scrap and big for scrap. Dude could net 100k a year. Lol

xx
Alias Knocks Drew Out

Started by Travis

5 Replies
Last post June 16, 2013, 01:10:03 PM
by Travis
xx
Congratulations to Alias on his 1000th post!

Started by Travis

10 Replies
Last post November 14, 2013, 10:53:45 AM
by Alias300