Storage Auctions

Hello all!!!

Hello all!!!
« on: December 16, 2010, 02:06:45 PM »
New to this site...would like to ask 2 questions that I have been thinking about.

Would like to know the answers before I make mistakes...

1. How do you sell vehicles you have taken possession of...ie. cars, motorcycles, ATV's etc. Do you have to apply for some sort of replacement title before you can legally sell them?

2. Can and how do you sell firearms discovered in the articles...can this be done legally especially with handguns.

Thank-you all for any and all advise and information.

I am from the Missouri bootheel and storage auctions are few and far between and I will have to drive quite a bit.

Thank-You all in advance

Re: Hello all!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 01:16:46 AM »
1) you need to get a title you can do that as long as there is no lien on the car otherwise it is not your car.  The storage place can normally provide the paperwork saying you bought he car from them as abandoned property to claim a new title. The storage place should run the VIN and make sure there is no lien before they sell the car unless it is buried deep in a unit. 

2) Most states no problem selling guns you find in a unit if you get that lucky. Some states do not allow private sales of guns Kalifornia for instance but most states allow it.

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 09:31:37 AM »
Thank-you for answering...

I just like to have all my "ducks in a row" so to speak.

Was beginning to wonder if anyone was out there and going to respond.

Have a great day!

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 11:53:24 AM »
Hey

Welcome to the forums! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 05:38:28 PM »
Hey Drew...

Thank-you for responding and I sure will keep everyone

posted. We all need to utilize this forum more and grow it.

It will only benefit us all in the long run!!

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 04:50:00 PM »
GETTING RID OF A GUN IS EAISER THAN A CAR BELIVE IT OR NOT.

CARS VERY FROM STATE AS ONE PERSON SAID AS LONG AS THERE ARE NO LEANS YOU SHOULD BE ALL RIGHT AND IF THERE ARE LEANS IT WOULD DEPEND ON LEAN AND VALUE OF CAR AND IF THOSE TWO FIGURES ARE HIGH YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE TO PUT A LEAN ON THE TITLE TO SECURE WHAT YOU PAID BUT LIKE I SAID A VARIES STATE TO STATE JUST CALL WHAT EVER DMV IN YOUR AREA

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 05:29:24 PM »
Hi.

You learn form your mistakes, and they can infact be good for you.

When thats said.

Car: As long as there is no lien on the car or it beeing stolen, you can contact the DMW and get a clear title. But it will cost you some money. Depending on the state you are in. But normally between $75.00 and $100.00 for a new title.

Gun: This is importent, you MUST contact ATF, and clear the gun. If the gun is HOT and you sell it, you are in deep trouble. And you might end up behind bars for a year or two. Gund must be cleared with the ATF.

Both items are easy to sell.

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 04:24:07 PM »
I dont think you would have to go to ATF for a gun. The local police department should be able to help you out more than likely. Worst case they seize the gun from you because it has been reported stolen.

Just My opinion

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 04:28:35 PM »
The local police in many states direct you to ATF, as they have a nationwide database.
Local police often tell you they can't deal with it. And the second thing is that you have to register the gun in your name before you can sell it. The reason for that is so they can track the gun in the future.

No gun dealer with respect for them self and their business wants to buy a gun unless you have taken the right steps.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 08:38:48 PM »
jwx2...

It's been more than a month since you joined. Have you bought any lockers ?