Storage Auctions

Hello from NH

Hello from NH
« on: March 20, 2012, 01:42:13 PM »
Hi everyone, thought I'd introduce myself.  My name is John and I live in NH along the coast.  I found this forum a few days ago and have been reading as much as I can.

I've never attended an auction, nor bought a storage locker.  My main job is in banking, but my hobby is in coins and antiques.  I have bought and sold on eBay for awhile now, enjoy flea markets, yard sales, etc.  I am attending my first auction this Saturday in NH, as a spectator only.

I think what got me started was seeing the old "junk" in my grandparents attic thirty years ago and thinking, this stuff is cool, but not knowing what anything was worth back then my family had a yard sale.  You know how the rest goes from there.  Years later, I realized how much of the items we had back then are going for big dollars today.  If I had only known today...

My best find was in an old second hand store.  There was a desk in there that was identical to my Grandmothers.  A little haggling, and I was able to purchase it for $100.  It's value is probably in the $600 - $800 range.  This one's a keeper though.

What I am finding is the items I'm purchasing keep coming out of my pocket and if I want to continue, I am going to have to sell some of what I am buying.  I have no problem with the "turn and burn" method I see on here.

Anyway...hope to see some of you soon if you are in NH, MA or ME.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from NH
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 06:11:34 PM »
Welcome aboard.

Have fun at the auctions this Sat. It can be interesting.

Glad you are not in our neck of the woods anything that looks like possible antiques lockers go crazy. We have a few regulars that are into them and markets to sell them.

Let us know what you think after you attend.

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 09:38:39 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 10:41:40 PM »
Welcome! I'm new myself, but I'm already hooked on the forums. I check it daily lol. Enjoy your stay!

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 12:41:51 AM »
Welcome,Enjoy and Good Luck!