Storage Auctions

hello from sunny (and hot) st. pete florida!

Offline johnnyghonda

• On the hunt.
    • View Profile
    • Email
hello from sunny (and hot) st. pete florida!
« on: June 20, 2011, 11:04:38 PM »
My name is Johnny G and I have been observing, researching and reading about storage auctions since I saw Storage Wars. I admit, it was, and is, fun to watch. I don't really care if it is fake or real or if its  like what I toss im my coffee, half and half, I became mesmerized by the business aspect of it.
 To make a long story short I've been in the car business for 2 years. I am always faced with the challenge of trying to overcome the instant objection that I am a slime ball trying to get into someones wallet. Last time I checked, PROFIT is not a dirty word. Isn't that what all sales is about? Isn't that how America became the most powerful country in a short time of 200 years? Buying and selling is what you do, is it not? So since my profession is based on the same concept of buying low and selling high as the SA business, I felt strongly connected to the end goal of making a profit.
The last three months I was just a lookie-loo observing with hopes of one dayteam having the extra cash and extra time to buy a unit. Last Thursday I graduated to newbie status and bought my first locker. I WAS PUMPED! I GOT excited to find items to sell that would be fun to sell since I wouldn't feel like I had gotten my teeth kicked in after the sale lol!

Can I post what has happened since the buy right here or do I need to go to another box.  This is my first time ever wanting to join a forum, so im new to this kind of thing. Don't get me wrong I just never ever found anything interesting enough to talk about on the internet with other folks. I almost didn't know how to post this laugh out loud... and no I am not computer illiterate I'm 37 years old not 87 Haha. Thanks for having me! Im looking forward to sharing my stories with you all and learning a lot from you too.  Did u know "a lot" is two words not one? Lol im also a grammar geek.
Ttys

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
Re: hello from sunny (and hot) st. pete florida!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 09:24:47 AM »
Hey welcome to the forums! Congrats on your first win. Feel free to post your stories in whatever topic they seem to fit in!

Offline johnnyghonda

• On the hunt.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 10:58:47 AM »
Thank you drew I'm excited 2 be a member of the storage auction community!

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 12:34:23 AM »
Welcome to the forum.  I look forward to hearing how you did with your first locker.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 09:34:07 AM »
Welcome to the forum.  I look forward to hearing how you did with your first locker.

I second that

xx
Hi from SW Florida

Started by Jedi

10 Replies
Last post June 25, 2011, 11:45:27 PM
by johnnyghonda
xx
new guy in florida

Started by Austin_Harrison

4 Replies
Last post March 05, 2012, 11:02:43 AM
by Austin_Harrison
xx
Might as well say hello @ Florida!

Started by SellsMoore

4 Replies
Last post May 01, 2011, 04:24:08 PM
by josepc
xx
Hey Florida ..... here's a site some of you may not know about.

Started by MovieMan

2 Replies
Last post May 02, 2011, 10:52:18 PM
by SellsMoore