Storage Auctions

Hello from the Hoosier

Hello from the Hoosier
« on: April 18, 2012, 09:22:42 PM »
Just a little bit about me.

39/retired(yes..retired.lol)/ single(well GF doesnt count) & yes.....I am looking to start going to auctions because of those silly TV shows.

Yes, I know they are obviously rigged & lockers in real life aren't as good. 

However, I have the time, patience, truck,  & storage space I could at least get my feet wet & see how it goes.

Going to my first auction Friday.  Not planning on buying but just getting a feel for the concept.

My only real question....has the "TV show" attendance boom slowed down @ all? 

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from the Hoosier
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 06:36:38 AM »
Welcome

39 and retired sounds like you should do well in this business. Luck being part of it...  ;D

No really it takes a lot of time and effort but as you learn gets easier.  Not the physical part.

Do you know where you are going to sell the stuff? Thing the show does not show you.  We started out great had a thrift contact kept us rolling. Then things changed so working on getting rid of current inventory, finding better ways to get rid of it.  ::)

On the Auction Scene Thread sounds like the crowds are slowing, prices still high IMO.

Good Luck and keep us posted on your adventures.

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 05:20:21 PM »
Thanks for the reply. 

As far as selling.... items that can be sold on CL will be sold there. 

Other stuff....well, your idea of getting to know a local thrift shop sounds like a good idea (assuming they are honest)
I know I have at least 2 or 3 here locally I could talk to.
I'm sure I'll Ebay a thing or two if it's easily shipped & a highly wanted item.  People go nuts on stuff @ Ebay.

I know I won't buy tomorrow, but I'm sure my first locker will be a very small one.

Looks like a problem may be finding local auctions around here.  Guess I should start calling around.

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 06:26:37 PM »
Welcome to the forums!

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 07:16:56 PM »
Welcome and enjoy!