Storage Auctions

Hello from TN

Hello from TN
« on: April 27, 2011, 05:11:30 PM »
My name is Robert Murray and i am new from memphis TN area.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Hello from TN
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 05:26:05 PM »
Welcome!  You will get lots of help from the TN folks in this forum.

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 05:56:32 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  It keeps geting bigger every day. 8)

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 06:31:01 PM »
Thanks  Im gonna need help.  Im very new at this but it is a passion of mine.  Im not someone who just got interested because of shows such as storge wars.  All help is greatly appreciated

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 07:03:02 PM »
I guess I will help you since your on the other side of the state and won't be competition.  ;)

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 07:21:19 PM »
i need all the help i can get.  want as much knowledge as possible before i try to buy

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 07:25:49 PM »
i need all the help i can get.  want as much knowledge as possible before i try to buy

The best training ground (and this is MY OPINION) is the sales themselves. Go to a few and
before you know it you'll actually be bidding. You don't even need to bid to win. Just do it to see how it feels.
After that, you'll be bidding more confidently and will perhaps bid to win if all goes well.

You can expect to make some mistakes (we ALL do) and some of those you will pay for, but the knowledge
gained is part of what you pay for too.

The saying "nothing ventured, nothing gained" is certainly true in this business.

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 08:09:19 PM »
welcome aboard!!

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 08:17:59 PM »
You don't even need to bid to win. Just do it to see how it feels.
After that, you'll be bidding more confidently and will perhaps bid to win if all goes well.

You can expect to make some mistakes (we ALL do) and some of those you will pay for, but the knowledge
gained is part of what you pay for too.

I will have to agree with Movieman on this. I remember the first unit I ever bidded on, strange feeling, something like being nervous, but just full of anticipation. I didnt become the winning bidder on it. But it got my first taste of being one of the bidders. Cant seem to get that feeling back :(

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 08:22:11 PM »
ive searched high and low online for auctions in my area and only found a couple private owned auctions,  Where can i look online to find more auctions

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 08:30:31 PM »
ive searched high and low online for auctions in my area and only found a couple private owned auctions,  Where can i look online to find more auctions

Honestly the best thing to do is make a list on a spreadsheet with name of storages in your area, phone number, address, name of auction company they use (if they use one). Put all that information on a spreadsheet. And call them reguarly to see when they are having one, I do mine once a month for the 5% I dont get from my subscription. Keep in mind not every storage facility is going to list in same place.

I try to keep up with the auctioneers themselves on their website, my subscription I have, and the lil extra work on calling the facilities.

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 09:14:18 PM »

There is tons of auctions online for Memphis area. You just have to look in the right places. Or send me an email, and i will let you in on the secret.