Storage Auctions

Howdy from NE TX

Howdy from NE TX
« on: July 07, 2011, 10:48:15 PM »
Hello all! Happy to have found this forum. Was a storage auction buyer for a few years and then took several years off to have a couple of babies. Now I am getting back into the game. Been to one auction about a week ago and seems like the shows have lots of people thinking they're gonna strike it rich quite easily. Lockers went for way more than I remember paying. Anyway, look forward to reading the forums!

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
Re: Howdy from NE TX
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 07:43:54 AM »
Hey welcome to the forums!

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 06:50:47 PM »
Welcome and enjoy!!!

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 10:55:51 PM »
Welcome fellow Texan

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 10:58:05 PM »
Hey texgal, since Rockwall is barely down the road, and if you are out this way on Sat the 16th, I heard that Texas Storage in Sulphur Springs is having an auction.  I don't know any specifics yet.  I'm going to try and take the day off to attend it.

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 09:54:18 PM »
Good to know. Will see if I can find it and try to make it. Thanks

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 11:04:32 PM »
I did not find the one that I was told about, Texas Storage, but I did find this one for Self Storage.  I found this in the public notices in the Sulphur Springs news paper:

SELF STORAGE

110 SEWELL LANE

SULPHUR SPRINGS, TX. 75482

903-885-6111

NOTICE OF PUBLIC SALE

of property to satisfy landlordís lien. Sale is 8:00 am, SATURDAY, JULY 16, 2011, at 110 Sewell lane and immediately following at 1135 E. Industrial Dr. Sulphur Springs, Texas. Property will be sold to highest bidder for cash. Cleanup and removal deposit may be required. Seller reserves right to withdraw property from sale. Property includes contents of spaces of following tenants: KERRY S. CRAIG: Chester drawer, cabinet, ladders, misc. boxes & containers; LEAH D. MOSLEY: Treadmill, shelves, misc. boxes & containers; HENRY O. TURNER: Dresser, desk, misc. boxes; JASON C. STEWART: Bed, misc. containers & boxes; EDWARD W. CAMP: Recliner, cabinet, misc. boxes & containers; TAMMY R. PICKETT: Chairs, misc. boxes; LEAH WINSTEAD: Household furniture, misc. bags & boxes; DAWN D. HOLT: Dresser, bed, misc. bags; BLAKE JOHNSON: Shingles; LETICIA WADE: Shelves, misc. boxes & containers; KEMIA C. WILLIAMS: Couch, bed; KIMBERLY TIMMONS: Washer, fridge, cabinet, misc. boxes; HELEN M. MANN: Card table with chairs, misc. boxes; LORRIE J. WHITE: Misc. bags, boxes & containers; STACIE R. STEWART: Fridge, table, misc. boxes; DUANE E. CASH: Bed, table, chairs, misc. boxes; IAN K. WILTON: Bed, couch, misc. containers; SHERRY W. HOOD: Household furniture, misc. boxes & containers; Contact Sonjia W. Crowell, 903-885-6111, or Self Storage, 110 Sewell Lane, Sulphur Springs, Texas 75482.

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 06:20:48 PM »
Dang that's early, but will try to make it.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 09:06:58 PM »
Rollin & TexGal

I just wanted to let you two know that our Dallas website lists all of the auctions in your area. This is our coverage area:

Addison, Aledo, Allen, Alvarado, Annetta, Annetta South, Argyle, Arlington, Aurora, Azle,
Balch Springs, Bartonville, Bedford, Benbrook, Benbrook Lake, Boyd, Briar, Burleson, Carrollton,
Cedar Hill, Centerville, Cockrell Hill, Colleyville, Combine, Coppell, Corinth, Cottonwood, Crandall,
Cresson, Crisp, Cross Timber, Crowley, Dallas, Dalworthington Gardens, Denton, Desota, Dish, Double Oak, Duncanville, Eagle Mountain, Edgecliff Village, Ennis, Euless, Everman, Fairview, Farmers Branch, Farmersville, Fate, Ferris, Flower Mound, Forest Hill, Forney, Fort Worth, Frisco, Garland, Garrett, Glenn Heights, Godley, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Grapevine Lake, Grays Prairie, Hackberry, Haltom City, Haslet, Heath, Hebron, Highland Village, Hudson Oaks, Hurst, Hutchins, Ike, Irving, Joe Pool Lake, Josephine, Joshua, Justin, Kaufman, Keene, Keller, Kennedale, Kleberg, Lake Dallas, Lake Worth, Lakeside, Lancaster, Lavon, Lawson, Lewisville, Lincoln Park, Little Elm, Lowry Crossing, Lucas, Mansfield, McKinney, McLendon-Chisholm, Mesquite, Midlothian, Mobile City, Mountain Creek Lake, Murphy, Navo, Nevada, New Fairview, New Hope, Newark, North Richland Hills, Northlake, Oak Grove, Oak Leaf, Oak Point, Oak Ridge, Ovilla, Palmer, Pantego, Parker, Pecan Acres, Pecan Hill, Pelican Bay, Plano, Ponder, Post Oak Bend City, Princeton, Prosper, Red Oak, Rendon, Reno, Rhome, Richardson, River Oaks, Roanoke, Roanoke, Rockett, Rockwall, Rose Hill, Rosser, Rowlett, Royse City, Sachse, Saginaw, Sanctuary, Sansom Park, Scurry, Seagoville, Shady Shores, Shepton, Southlake, Sowers, Springtown, St Paul, Sunnyvale, Talty, Terrell, The Colony, Trophy Club, Union Valley, University Park, Venus, Watauga, Waxahachie, Weatherford, Westworth Village, White Settlement, Willow Park, Wilmer, Wylie.

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 06:39:58 PM »
TexGal, did you get to attend the auction?  If so, how did it go?

I ended up having to work the morning of the auction.  I had to go out to a farm and dump a load of bad milk.

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 08:24:00 AM »
Well howdy howdy Texgal, and welcome! ;D

Offline Leota

• View Profile
    • Donna's Resale Attic
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 09:55:09 AM »
Hi Texgal,
Yea, there are lots more people out, some lookie-loos and some bidders that watch too much TV ;-) I have been to a couple of tapings for Storage Wars Dallas (not knowing they would be there) and even though the storage managers don't know until the night before (that's what they have told us anyway), there still seems to be a lot of people. The prices are ridiculous for the units with the film crew there. I have seen 200.00 units go for 800.00 and I just walk away shaking my head. But, even when they are not there I have seen units sell for way too much. I wish all the best of luck with their finds but hope people start to realize they might get a unit for less if they use common sense at times. I think it will just take a while for people to see that not all are treasures in those boxes and totes. :-)

xx
Howdy, from TX!

Started by mouschi

5 Replies
Last post December 29, 2012, 11:36:50 AM
by Alias300
xx
Howdy ya'll

Started by Rufus

3 Replies
Last post April 11, 2015, 10:25:15 PM
by Travis