Storage Auctions

Introduction from a Gal from the South

Introduction from a Gal from the South
« on: November 08, 2012, 10:45:45 AM »
Hey everyone :)

I've been posting on the forum for a few days and figured maybe an introduction thread was in order.

I am a picker from the south. I have been doing this full-time since July. I primarily source my product at yard sales an thrift stores, but I do manage to find the occasional storage locker that speaks to me. Because of my primary way of selling (eBay) and my primary source of income (board games), most storage lockers aren't for me. I'm not interested in furniture, but sometimes, I'll see one that I just HAVE to bid on.

I also do a YouTube show called the Bargain Bandit on Tuesdays and have a live hangout M-F with another gal picker. I love to share my finds and answer questions from people who are trying to do the same thing I do.

My best advice for anyone starting out is to start with what you know and are passionate about. I am passionate about board games, so I started there. I sell other things, but that knowledge about what to pick up comes in time and with experience. Find your niche and know your market. :)

Thanks for reading.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Introduction from a Gal from the South
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 11:10:40 AM »
Welcome,

I have enjoyed a few of your posts...keep it up!

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 09:14:48 PM »
Welcome I too sell ebay user name gorideaquad .....board games are neatnever knew there was money in them.

Offline Leota

• View Profile
    • Donna's Resale Attic
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 09:16:49 AM »
Hey everyone :)

I've been posting on the forum for a few days and figured maybe an introduction thread was in order.

I am a picker from the south. I have been doing this full-time since July. I primarily source my product at yard sales an thrift stores, but I do manage to find the occasional storage locker that speaks to me. Because of my primary way of selling (eBay) and my primary source of income (board games), most storage lockers aren't for me. I'm not interested in furniture, but sometimes, I'll see one that I just HAVE to bid on.

I also do a YouTube show called the Bargain Bandit on Tuesdays and have a live hangout M-F with another gal picker. I love to share my finds and answer questions from people who are trying to do the same thing I do.

My best advice for anyone starting out is to start with what you know and are passionate about. I am passionate about board games, so I started there. I sell other things, but that knowledge about what to pick up comes in time and with experience. Find your niche and know your market. :)

Thanks for reading.

Welcome, I've seen you in a few places. Hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do.

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 11:22:52 PM »
Great advice.Good Luck!

xx
Introduction

Started by Neal

5 Replies
Last post May 31, 2012, 09:50:43 AM
by Alias300
xx
Introduction

Started by adelaine041