Storage Auctions

New from Illinois

Offline rogue

New from Illinois
« on: May 11, 2011, 10:05:55 AM »
Hello! I am new to Storage Auctions. I am actually going to my first one today to observe and have another scheduled for Tomm hopefully to buy. I am not new to Auctions as I am in the car business and have plenty of exp buying at car auctions. I look forward to any advice you can give. Thank you!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: New from Illinois
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 10:15:41 AM »
Welcome to the forum....we're eager to hear about your experience, # of lkrs, # of bidders, prices, etc.  ;D

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 12:39:53 PM »
Welcome aboard! Good luck! Let us know how it goes

Offline rogue

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 04:00:36 PM »
OK here is the good the bad and the ugly. Auction was in Lombard IL and advertised 4 units. As they opened the gate they announced only 2 were going to Auction.... I figure thats common. First unit was a BIG one 20x20 I got excited and then......... They opened it all that was there was a old comp monitor and propane tank and a couple of small boxes with what looked like some car parts. Went for $30. I think thats what it was worth too! Next unit was a 5x10 and it was packed! A litle furniture a bicycle and misc househols stuff. A cheap stereo and junk electronics in sight Unit went for $500! There was 20 or so people there seemed like they mostly knew each other. I am hitting up a 5 unit sale Thursday and am hopefully get some bidding done.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 05:07:36 PM »
Sounds about right for everything you said.

A few more auctions under your belt and you'll see more of the same and be able to make
some good decisions for what will work for you.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 05:41:17 PM »
Welcome to the boards. I think I almost went to the same auction your talking about today but couldn't sneak out of work. Was it the U Store It on Highland?

Sounds like I didn't miss much. though.

You mentioned your in the car business. I have a buddy looking for a 95 Jag XJ6, I think '96 as well if its the same body and model and everything. If you ever come across them at an auction I got a buyer for you shoot me a PM.

Offline rogue

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 09:06:01 PM »
@rulesforrebels Yes it was the one on Highland..... I see your local where do you find local Chicagoland auctions?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 09:05:54 AM »
@rulesforrebels Yes it was the one on Highland..... I see your local where do you find local Chicagoland auctions?

It will be interesting to see how rfr answers THIS question !  ;)

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 11:42:47 AM »
LOL, movieman, was waiting for smeone to say exactly what you said.

I actually saw his response last night but held off on answering lol.

Rogue is actually my alter ego just to set me up for questions so I can link to my site lol only kidding.

Rogue, if your wondering whts going on a number of the regular posters on here have their own sites, ebooks, storage auction schools, etc and everyone plugs their stuff but gets on others for doing it worse than they do. I'll admit I'm guilty of it nad one of the bad ones. ANyhow, if you click the globe next to my name on the left side of this thread you can see where I get my auctions.

Figured I'd post that otherwise rogue would probably wonder what are these guys talking about lol.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 11:54:49 AM »
Rogue, if your wondering whts going on a number of the regular posters on here have their own sites, ebooks, storage auction schools, etc and everyone plugs their stuff but gets on others for doing it worse than they do. I'll admit I'm guilty of it nad one of the bad ones. ANyhow, if you click the globe next to my name on the left side of this thread you can see where I get my auctions.

Figured I'd post that otherwise rogue would probably wonder what are these guys talking about lol.

Works for me. You answered it nicely. Also, for Rogue's benefit, I'M not one of the ones who pushes lists on this forum.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 12:02:14 PM »

Rogue is actually my alter ego just to set me up for questions so I can link to my site lol only kidding.

I believe you rfr; I don't think you would do that.

The "alter ego" concept you refer to is known as a "sock puppet" in internet lingo and net etiquette.

I added the sock puppet to definitions of troll and flaming in this thread:

http://storageauctionforums.com/index.php?topic=1146.msg5110#new

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 12:07:21 PM »
Rogue, I'm dont get out as far west as you that often but your actually in a pretty good area. I've had some luck out your way, plano and sandwhich. I normally never travel this far but went out near amboy and had small crowds thoguh doens't seem like thy have as many auctions I generally have better luck in smaller towns and more rural areas than in Chicago and even suburbs.

Not exactly out your way but also seen some VERY small crowds in cortland area as well.

Offline rogue

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 03:39:50 PM »
Thaks for the info! I have been finding the info I need online..... it just ain't that easy!

xx
Hello from Illinois!

Started by Roadvirus

3 Replies
Last post August 28, 2011, 10:00:33 PM
by Roadvirus
xx
Rookie out of NW Illinois

Started by FreeBird

6 Replies
Last post July 02, 2011, 12:04:28 PM
by MTigers