Storage Auctions

New guy from southern atlanta area

New guy from southern atlanta area
« on: November 26, 2011, 03:23:34 AM »
So...i am new to this...i have been doing a bit of research..ie...online listings/legal postings/sources for resale/sources for recycling.

I see and hear that some buyers have done research on the individuals who's items are up for auction...i am wondering where you get the info from?...i see in the legal listings where you can get a name ..but where do you find out information on that person?

I am planning on visiting/just watching for my first 3 or 4 auctions to get a feel for who the regulars are and what is being sold and for what amount of $$$.

any information is appreciated...and thanks in advance!

bogey

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
Re: New guy from southern atlanta area
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 05:29:58 AM »
Welcome aboard.

You will learn a lot when you go to the auctions. We have a pretty good handle on our local area hitting some outside of the area so still learning.

On the research of the people losing their units, Personally I feel it is a waste of your time.
But you can look up the clerk of the court records. They are public
And look in the sheriff arrest records. Or just a Google search. Could search the obituaries too.

IMO not sure of what information you gain about a person will tell you what is in a unit... Now Jail or death may be good because most likely it is a house full. But anything else not sure of the point. When the door opens you can tell if it is from someone with money, buy the items inside and the way it is packed. One we bought was obviously from an apartment eviction .. Dirty clothes and all.

So good luck and if you find some reason that the research of the person is good let me know.

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 09:25:49 PM »
Welcome to the site.  Its good your going to get a feel for the auction's for your first 3 or 4.  Maybe take like 100 bucks or so in case you see something you really like and no one is really bidding on it.  Good Luck.

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 11:10:14 PM »
Welcome and enjoy.

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 09:59:30 AM »
money hit it pretty much on the head.  You may find some information, but whether it will be useful or not is up in the air.

Welcome aboard.  If you have questions you will certainly find the answers here!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 10:04:31 AM »
I bet there are more Georgians on here than people from any other state!

Welcome to the forum.

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 09:24:25 AM »
Hi everyone.  I'm new to this exciting venture as well.  I'm in the Northern part of Georgia.  I plan on attending a few auctions to before bidding to get a feel for it.  I've been watching the 3 reality shows and only on one of them do they discuss researching the owner of the locker but don't say how.  Someone on facebook suggested google and also looking them up on facebook.  See what their hobbies are, etc.  Also, if the owners name is an old name, like Ethel, Harold, Gertrude, a name that is not commonly used today, it's probably an elderly person and could have valuable things in the locker and their family members were unaware of.

Any other tips you guys have would be appreciated.  Has anyone found anything of value???  Hope you all score something good!!!

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 07:57:27 PM »
Hi everyone.  I'm new to this exciting venture as well.  I'm in the Northern part of Georgia.  I plan on attending a few auctions to before bidding to get a feel for it.  I've been watching the 3 reality shows and only on one of them do they discuss researching the owner of the locker but don't say how.  Someone on facebook suggested google and also looking them up on facebook.  See what their hobbies are, etc.  Also, if the owners name is an old name, like Ethel, Harold, Gertrude, a name that is not commonly used today, it's probably an elderly person and could have valuable things in the locker and their family members were unaware of.

Any other tips you guys have would be appreciated.  Has anyone found anything of value???  Hope you all score something good!!!

What cities in North Georgia do you plan on attending auctions? Are you going to do the Atlanta metro or further north?

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 05:44:59 PM »
I bet there are more Georgians on here than people from any other state!

Welcome to the forum.

I think you are right MovieMan.  Seems at least once a month we get someone else new on the board from GA.  Hopefully all of ya'll stay up in Atlanta :)

xx
Atlanta area auctions

Started by 1SikMag

5 Replies
Last post November 07, 2011, 08:15:29 PM
by ChefJ
xx
Southern Bama?

Started by auctioncurious

2 Replies
Last post March 11, 2011, 09:53:33 AM
by moparornocar72