Storage Auctions

New in Memphis Area

New in Memphis Area
« on: February 08, 2012, 08:26:48 AM »
Just trying to get started (or talk myself out of starting) in the Memphis area. 

If you are from this area and need some help loading and unloading units, let me know.  Figure that way, I can learn from you and you can get some cheap labor.  Don't know if this is common, but seems like a good idea to me. 

Also, if you dont mind me asking some questions about this market, then let me know.  I have plenty of them, and always interested in learning about new things. 

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
Re: New in Memphis Area
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 11:55:05 AM »
Welcome to the forums!

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 04:30:00 PM »
Just trying to get started (or talk myself out of starting) in the Memphis area. 

If you are from this area and need some help loading and unloading units, let me know.  Figure that way, I can learn from you and you can get some cheap labor.  Don't know if this is common, but seems like a good idea to me. 

Also, if you dont mind me asking some questions about this market, then let me know.  I have plenty of them, and always interested in learning about new things. 

Not sure if you have gotten any takers.  But I would just go to the Auctions.
1. you will learn a lot
2. you will meet some people that may take you up on your offer.
3. Takes a few auctions to get to know who has been doing it awhile. and earn some trust.
4. Remember this is like having a stranger help you move.

Took 4 months for a regular to offer some furniture to us in exchange for helping him empty a unit. I was careful not to look in anything just put in bags (what he wanted).  you don't know what you have and what if someone helping finds a jewellery box. Just an example. So trust is a big thing.

We also attend another auction and got to know this person outside of the storage auctions.

so I would go and be seen and build your trust with the regulars for this plan to work.

good Luck

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 08:33:08 AM »
Thanks for reply.

I forget that people dont trust as easy as I do, or have the morals that I do.  I should approach it as earning their respect and trust, as well as them having to earn mine.

I did talk to several people that I feel like when I see again, they will come up and talk to me.

Being my first auction, I have no clue who were the regulars were and who the pretenders were. 

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 08:12:51 PM »
No problem  ;D

The more you attend the better it will get. May take a month or two of auctions but you will get there.

"I forget that people dont trust as easy as I do, or have the morals that I do."

After a few Auctions you will see the ones that don't.

It is not all bad.  Can offer to help to load something heavy. And that is it. That is how we got the free stuff. Just offered to help after he said I have to go load that up. And let him think it over. Set the seed.

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 11:31:33 PM »
Welcome and good luck!!!

xx
Hello from Memphis,TN

Started by Mr Andersen

2 Replies
Last post January 01, 2011, 10:34:23 AM
by Mr Andersen
xx
Memphis

Started by Mr Andersen