Storage Auctions

new kid on the block.

new kid on the block.
« on: November 25, 2011, 02:56:10 PM »
Don't you think we should ask the folks from Auction Hunters to show us some of the footage of the storage units they never struck it rich with.  I mean come on these guys are pulling the wool over our eyes.  They should have some footage to show if they buy 150 units per year and the show is only of the best ones.  Lets see the blooper wheel.

Re: new kid on the block.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 04:16:03 PM »
People don't wanna see them digging through trash and crap.  People wanna see all the stuff that is valuable and bad ass.  They say on there that 80% of there units are busts.  I think you would be kidding yourself if you think that what you see on TV is what you would find each and every time out to the auction.  But there are those people probably everywhere. 

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 04:54:46 PM »
I get such a kick outta newbies.  They always ask 'is it like they show on TV?'  "not even close!" is my response.  When a newcomer throws triple the value on a trash unit I chuckle and think that'll keep 'em from coming back.

Our 3rd unit was icky.....we've almost recouped, but dang was it nasty doing so.  Made me rethink my chosen profession of junk dealer~ :D

Luckily I'm still making money off my first and last units!

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 11:11:30 PM »
They have shown those in past.The unit with the bed bugs was the best.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 10:09:02 AM »
Don't you think we should ask the folks from Auction Hunters to show us some of the footage of the storage units they never struck it rich with.  I mean come on these guys are pulling the wool over our eyes.  They should have some footage to show if they buy 150 units per year and the show is only of the best ones.  Lets see the blooper wheel.

I think 1/3 of the 20 minutes of content should be the bad lkrs. The reality would be having 15 minutes of bad lkrs and 5 minutes of good lkrs...now THAT would be reality tv.

xx
New kid on the block

Started by HeavYMetaL

2 Replies
Last post September 16, 2011, 04:11:16 PM
by Drew
xx
new kid on the block

Started by meholcom

3 Replies
Last post October 19, 2011, 02:01:54 PM
by monkeybusiness