Storage Auctions

Newbie from Central Florida

« on: June 11, 2013, 08:47:21 AM »
Hi everyone. Recently unemployed and have decided to try my hand at entrepreneurship. I have started a PC / Laptop repair business along with my eBay store and hoping I can add to my inventory in the Storage Auction business. From what I have read so far it seems the best way for us Greenies to learn is to just go and see what it is all about. How many auctions would someone suggest a newbie attend before really getting into it?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Newbie from Central Florida
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 09:10:19 AM »
Hi,

Welcome to the forum. Good news: computers and parts are fairly common at storage auctions. I have seen everything from new computers to several server racks. I find it somewhat difficult to tell the newer computers from the stuff that's several years old and I imagine that others have the same problem. This might give you an advantage over your competition.

The storage auction business is definitely a learning process and one of the best ways to learn is to immerse yourself in it. This forum is another great resource for learning. It will help you avoid some of the common pitfalls in this business. My advice: be patient and only bid on what you can see. Don't gamble..you don't have to. You might have to look at 30 units before one comes along with the right stuff at the right price but if you're patient, it'll all be worth it.

xx

Started by mickholt

1 Replies
Last post February 26, 2011, 08:45:37 PM
by Drew
xx
I went to my first 2 auctions today here in Central Florida

Started by thepokey1

3 Replies
Last post May 30, 2011, 12:59:52 PM
by MovieMan