Storage Auctions

North of Chicago

Offline TMRE

North of Chicago
« on: December 20, 2010, 05:14:03 PM »
Just starting out. Been to two auctions so far. First was a sealed bid auction and 6 people showed up. Didn't win any but did place bids. Second was just outside of Rockford, IL at 10AM on a Saturday and the wid-chill was about -5. 9 units were up for auction and 79!!!!!!!! people showed up. Prices were through the roof. No more auctions to go to until the 28th but looking foward to it. Would like to see smaller crowds but it is what it is.

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
Re: North of Chicago
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 07:05:59 PM »
crowds should die down after the buzz from the tv shows slow down maybe by spring!

Offline TMRE

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 09:46:29 PM »
I hope so.

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 02:15:28 PM »
Hang in there.

This business are for the ones who stay in it for the long haul.

If this is something you want to have as a side business or main business, just take your time.
The "hype bidders" will be gone in 2-3 months.
They just need to buy a few units first, and they will find out it wasen't for them.

Because this business is so much more then bidding and finding "gold" this is all about setting up a network for buying a netwrok for selling and a network of clearing.

Most people who are in it for the hype do not even see the half of it, and they will be burned pretty badly.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 07:17:51 PM »
Just starting out. Been to two auctions so far. First was a sealed bid auction and 6 people showed up. Didn't win any but did place bids. Second was just outside of Rockford, IL at 10AM on a Saturday and the wid-chill was about -5. 9 units were up for auction and 79!!!!!!!! people showed up. Prices were through the roof. No more auctions to go to until the 28th but looking foward to it. Would like to see smaller crowds but it is what it is.

What did you think about the silent bid format? Do you prefer one over the other? I in Chicago, don't come across many sealed bid auctions but I actually prefer them to the regular auction format.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 08:46:42 PM »
Yep, the silent bid auction is fun and tends to level the playing field a bit. I tend to bid higher there and end up with a few; my fellow experienced buyers beat me out last time though. I think I bid on 6 of 13 and I got one. Irritating when you miss it by $1.

There is only one of these (that I know about) in a 200 mile range.

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 01:08:15 PM »

@TMRE-What I'm finding is the colder it is, especially if school is closed or they shut the city down....the more people come out.  I don't think people care about the temps, cus it can get real nasty and people stand around like its no big deal.  Temps, definitely don't scare people away.

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 04:32:00 PM »
Here in Memphis,TN we see it as well.

Bad&****ty weather = bigger crowd ( between 25 and 60 )
Nice warm summer day less people. ( between 3 and 10 )

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 06:43:48 PM »
crowds should die down after the buzz from the tv shows slow down maybe by spring!

Here's a guess that didn't pan out.

Drew made this prediction just short of two years ago...December, 2010. Here we are two years later with
the shows still growing strong and new episodes of Storage Wars coming in early Dec, 2012.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 06:51:54 PM »
I guess his Magic 8 ball wasn't working that day. ;)

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 07:03:46 PM »
I guess his Magic 8 ball wasn't working that day. ;)

Well, I'm predicting that the shows will still be popular in Dec, 2015 !

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 07:30:15 PM »
My prediction: This is the last season for Storage Wars & Auction Hunters. Storage Wars: Texas may have 2 seasons left.

My other prediction is: After Storage Wars & Auction Hunters go off the air, a new show will come out on another network.

My Global prediction: The Middle East will have a conflict. ;)

xx
Hello from Chicago

Started by myballz

1 Replies
Last post February 07, 2012, 01:08:55 AM
by monkeybusiness
xx
Who's in the Chicago area?

Started by rogue

3 Replies
Last post May 12, 2011, 06:03:39 PM
by rulesforrebels