Storage Auctions

Who's in the Chicago area?

Offline rogue

Who's in the Chicago area?
« on: May 12, 2011, 05:33:06 PM »
I am in the western suburbs (Montgomery). Try to stay away from the city as much as I can. Who else is around?

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
Re: Who's in the Chicago area?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 05:52:48 PM »
Well first let me say not knocking them because they have the most if not close to the most auctions. They run the whole circuit thing where you can attend their acutiosn all day and they plan them so it goes from one town to the next. They are also the most professional, organized, etc.

That said I still try to stay away from Blair Auction Auctions. Sounds odd right their the best at what they do but I dont wanna go right. Problem is too many people go to the auctions.

Also, this is more personal preference but I used to really like the younger guy they had running the auctions. He left the company and I heard took a lof of their clients so they have less auctions now than they did in the past plus I don't like the other people they have running them as much.

Lately I've been a lil more into police auctions, dea auctions, lost freight, post office, etc.

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 05:54:24 PM »
I find police auctions tend to be better for personal shopping and getting bargains than to make money or for resale but there is the opportunity.

If you want pm me and I can turn you on to some police auctions and other auctions as well. only catch you cant bid against me if you come to the auction. You'll know me b/c I'll be in my normal auction attire wearing a feather pink boa...only kiddding...or am I? lol

Offline rulesforrebels

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 06:03:39 PM »
Hey, I have some buddies out in Your area, Montgomery, N Aurora, Oswego, etc. I know your not too far from Naperville. If your ever over by their downtown swing by Naperville Pawn. It's the one on the Pawn Queens show. Not worth taking a trip just to go there but if your in the area its worth stopping by.

The old guy is a jerk wont buy anything and gives terrible prices offerd my buddy like 435 for a safe that sells new for a few grand.

The younger guy on the other hand is very nice, gives halfway decent prices. They are kinda wierd sometimes they buy anything ohtertimes they are picky. I was surprised at some of the stuff they buy though. The guy bought a few of those little lunchbox size coleman coolers from me for like $6 a piece. Normally that's flea market wares. It's nice to have a place to dump that type of stuff because I sure am not going to deal with the headaches of craigslist and meeting  up for $6. They take a lot of household goods type stuff, crystal, etc since its geared towards women. I recently posted an article about the shop in the news section. The show is stupid shop is worth checking out though.

xx
Hello from Chicago Area

Started by spoofy

1 Replies
Last post April 14, 2011, 12:04:32 PM
by Drew
xx
New in Chicago area

Started by heavyw8

6 Replies
Last post January 30, 2011, 10:50:59 AM
by MovieMan