Storage Auctions

Atlanta area auctions

Atlanta area auctions
« on: November 06, 2011, 12:24:18 AM »
New here and curious.

For you folks from the Atlanta area that go to auctions, how many people normally show up to auctions during the week?

How much on average do smaller lockers go for?

I don't have a truck but i do have a large car, so would be looking for cheaper smaller lockers to make some extra money on.

Any information about auctions in the Atlanta area would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Atlanta area auctions
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 06:25:19 PM »
we have an atlanta forum.  There's plenty of information in there if yo uwant to scroll through.

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 07:02:38 AM »
I'm not in Atlanta (but will be up there Saturday for a concert) so take this with a grain of salt.  Most of your auctions are going to have 20+ people at them.  In my area we have anywhere from 12 to 20 bidders, not counting people.  The shows make it look simple and easy and thus more and more people come out to bid and drive the prices up.

While Atlanta has a huge population you also have a mega-ton of storage lockers to pick from.  So the size crowd and prices of say Gwinett area may be 1/2 that of like Covington or Rock City.  Your best bet is to find a few aucitons near you and just go to them.  Only take money that you can afford to loose if you want to try your hand at this.

If you don't want to use your time searching for auctions you can check out Drew's site.  He does all the legwork for you and sends emails out to his subscribers.  I don't use him since not in Atlanta but have heard good things about his site.  Also, he is the reason we have these forums.

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 07:57:44 PM »
Unfortunately people in Gwinnett can afford to pay for their lockers, when they do come up there usually a solid buy.  Its Dekalb, Rockdale, Fulton, and Clayton counties that have plenty of auctions.  The poorer the town the more auctions there are.  Thats how I have found it anyway.

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 08:00:34 PM »
I was looking in the legal listings today and found a good bit of storage auctions in the Duluth/Lawrenceville area, which is perfect because this is where i am located.

Chef, have you been to any auctions in this area yet? how have the crowds and prices been if you have.

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 08:15:29 PM »
I was looking in the legal listings today and found a good bit of storage auctions in the Duluth/Lawrenceville area, which is perfect because this is where i am located.

Chef, have you been to any auctions in this area yet? how have the crowds and prices been if you have.
Daily.  crowds are high, regulars have money to spend, and prices are high.  The legacy auctions were cancelled this month so check out there website so that you don't go and waste your time.  The only time I get a break from big crowds is when there are auctions in Alpharetta/Milton and north of there.  Good luck.

xx
New guy from southern atlanta area

Started by bogeyman

8 Replies
Last post December 11, 2011, 05:44:59 PM
by craiglstauction
xx
man auctions in my immediate area

Started by BigBizzz

8 Replies
Last post October 15, 2011, 03:21:44 AM
by BigBizzz
xx
Are sealed bid auctions common in your area?

Started by Travis

4 Replies
Last post December 08, 2012, 04:29:43 PM
by Travis
xx
Finding Auctions in Nashville area

Started by deadcash

2 Replies
Last post August 18, 2011, 12:09:19 AM
by deadcash