Storage Auctions

AuctionZip...

Offline TonyT

AuctionZip...
« on: March 08, 2011, 12:01:43 PM »
Ok, so theres a bunch of auctions coming up from two seperate companies on the same day. One has posted on thier website, the other has posted on AuctionZip. Both have 6 different locations throughout the day. Now, obviously i'm going to call ahead to see how many units are being auctioned off at each location, but as a general rule, would it be better to go to the ones that aren't on AuctionZip over the ones that are, being that they will probably be less crowded?

These are Saturday Auctions, if that has any barring at all.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: AuctionZip...
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 12:29:24 PM »
Ok, so theres a bunch of auctions coming up from two seperate companies on the same day. One has posted on thier website, the other has posted on AuctionZip. Both have 6 different locations throughout the day. Now, obviously i'm going to call ahead to see how many units are being auctioned off at each location, but as a general rule, would it be better to go to the ones that aren't on AuctionZip over the ones that are, being that they will probably be less crowded?

These are Saturday Auctions, if that has any barring at all.

Probably go with the ones NOT on auctionzip, but as you say the final answer is how many of the auctions actually happen and how many lockers at each place....and.....do some of each.

Offline TonyT

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 01:39:38 PM »
Probably go with the ones NOT on auctionzip, but as you say the final answer is how many of the auctions actually happen and how many lockers at each place....and.....do some of each.

Ya thats kinda what I figured, just wanted a second opinion from someone with a bit more experience  ;)

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 07:43:30 PM »
Yea I would say go with the non auctionzip auctions. Although they both will probably be packed being on a Saturday so maybe just which ever one has more units up for sale or whichever is more convenient for you.

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 08:23:32 AM »
Another thing to consider is where the auctions are located.  Auctions that are farther from the metro area may be less crowded. 

Offline TonyT

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 10:23:31 AM »
Another thing to consider is where the auctions are located.  Auctions that are farther from the metro area may be less crowded. 

Ya thats true, however, in this case, all these auctions are rather close to one another (20 min or less) so I don't think itll matter much

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 09:42:23 AM »
You could spend all day debating on what the best scenario is. You never know how many people are going to show up. I went to an auction about a year ago that had two people there. Myself and another person. 4 Months later, at the same location, there were over 30 people there. There are days when multiple facilities are holding an auction. These are the best days to go out because crowds are thin.

Auctionzip is different in every area. In Houston, nobody really uses it because it only lists about 5% of the auctions occurring every month. So, depending on your area, it could go either way.

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 11:23:51 AM »
I don't like AuctionZip I think looking in the newspaper legal listings is better

xx
auctionzip status?

Started by the jerk

6 Replies
Last post February 14, 2012, 10:07:47 AM
by bwd111
xx
Went to an auctionzip auction today

Started by bigred

4 Replies
Last post December 01, 2011, 11:51:20 PM
by Fayettenam Man