Storage Auctions

Disicions disicions

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
Disicions disicions
« on: October 19, 2011, 02:46:41 AM »
Getting better at finding less advertised Auctions. Found two same day same time different locations.
1 one list is:
UNIT D007 FRANK BARRY

UNIT D018 DWAYNE JORDAN

UNIT D026 KENYA DAVIS

UNIT H025 SANDRA HALL
(partial)
2 one list is:
Unit 18 - Andrew Bevel: television, clothes, suitcases, misc boxes.
Unit 40 - Michael Thomas: leather couch, loveseat, ottomans.
Unit 46 - Derrick Edwards: futon, misc boxes.
Unit 53 - Jon Secreto: couches, bookcases, toys, fishing poles.
Unit 58 - Harold Lloyd Smith: washer, dryer, tv, entertainment center, dressers.
Unit 125 - Sanoia Brown: couch, loveseat, computer desk, dresser.
(partial).
Which one would you go to ?????

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Disicions disicions
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 09:10:15 AM »
Which one would you go to ?????

All of them that I could reach on time. The best unit could be in the most obscure place, or the most obvious. You have to be there in order to see it for yourself.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 09:21:20 AM »
That is what I was afraid of they are on opposites sides of town.. I think I will try the one without contents listed. and next month catch the one with the list.

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 02:03:45 PM »
I too would go to the mystery units.Good luck!

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 03:16:47 PM »
Or you could call the storage facility and ask the manager for a description of the contents. Most of these managers are more than happy to give you information if you just ask.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 04:31:18 PM »
I too would go to the mystery units.Good luck!

Thanks will keep you posted. My Aunt said why don't you split up (we are a team).. Duh
did not think of that. But too far to drive Truck and van.

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 03:35:51 PM »
I'd call an hour before the auction to see if everyone has paid up or not.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 06:13:38 PM »
I'd call an hour before the auction to see if everyone has paid up or not.
Yeah we will be in the area for our music lessons. So want be a total waste of gas. Thanks.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 06:24:13 AM »
Well Auction day finally here... Unfortunately life happened. so seed money short. I am trying to convince my husband we should still go and see so we will know next month weather to bother or not. He just doesn't want to go and see a good deal that we can't take advantage of because of the money. We will be in the area so not like we are wasting gas just time, which we have. : ). Will keep you posted.
Would be our first with out an auction company. Just want to no their rules ect.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 07:44:58 AM »
Well Auction day finally here... Unfortunately life happened. so seed money short. I am trying to convince my husband we should still go and see so we will know next month weather to bother or not. He just doesn't want to go and see a good deal that we can't take advantage of because of the money. We will be in the area so not like we are wasting gas just time, which we have. : ). Will keep you posted.
Would be our first with out an auction company. Just want to no their rules ect.

I kinda know what you mean. I have money but I am kinda out of storage space. I am still going to the auctions tomorrow. Even if I don't bid or buy anything (which is likely), I still get valuable research on crowd size, pricing, bidder behavior, etc. If you intend to do this full time, there are a lot of good reasons to go to the auctions even if you don't have a lot of money to spend.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 07:55:51 AM »
I kinda know what you mean. I have money but I am kinda out of storage space. I am still going to the auctions tomorrow. Even if I don't bid or buy anything (which is likely), I still get valuable research on crowd size, pricing, bidder behavior, etc. If you intend to do this full time, there are a lot of good reasons to go to the auctions even if you don't have a lot of money to spend.
Thanks Cobia, that is my opinion. Hopefully this will help to convince him. We missed a few good ones last week so he doesn't want to go. They might ask for a deposit up front (overheard someone at an auction mention that) We would be stopped at the door I can call and find out that info. This Auction is in a college town so would be nice to know if college kids are out spending their student loan money or not. LOL

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 09:21:24 AM »
Yeahhhhhh Yeahhhhhh looks like we are going. Called the mystery one and asked how many units left 9 out of 16. Then asked what kind of deposit they require... Get this, "What are you talking about other places require a deposit?" I responded yes for clean out. "Well you will be cleaning out right then" I said yes ok. Then she asked "How much do they charge? " Oh I had to think (angle/devil) So I told her $40.00 to $50.00 deposit. She said " well we might have to incorporate that" Oh no then she said not today.. So this should be really interesting.. Have a little cash so who knows might get one after all. Taking that extra $40 to $50 off the cash needed will help.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 10:00:22 AM »
The deposit is paid if you win a unit. I've never had to pay a deposit just to be able to bid.

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 10:06:39 AM »
Many places don't charge a deposit.  Or only if you win do you pay a refundable deposit.  Now, if you can't afford to loose the money you are spending don't be doing this.  Like anything when you first start out you are more likely to loose money then make money.  Some people get lucky the first time out, while many don't.  Just a word of caution.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2011, 05:30:04 PM »
Thanks craiglistauction we are fine just our past auctions you need like $500.00 bucks to even be in the running. So that is what my husband decided we needed for our next auction. We were just paying for our eduction on those Auction's. : ). Still learning that is why I really wanted to go... I think the no cleaning deposit is what got him to go.

The deposit is paid if you win a unit. I've never had to pay a deposit just to be able to bid.
Over heard it at an auction that he had to pay $100 to even walk through the gate. So it was here say. But he was in our circle so not sure what place it was. And too new to be able to ask.