Storage Auctions

Finding Storage Auctions In Local Newspapers

Finding Storage Auctions In Local Newspapers
« on: October 05, 2011, 06:16:56 PM »
What exactly in the legal notices do you find the auctions? I've looked in the Kitsap Sun under Notice of Trustees and this seems to be the closest bet. I haven't gone to my first auction yet but we're a military family and there are TONS of independent storage facilities in these military towns. Should I just call up the facilities one by one and ask them?

Offline acman

• Buying lockers without paying retail, FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Finding Storage Auctions In Local Newspapers
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 09:32:06 PM »
What exactly in the legal notices do you find the auctions? I've looked in the Kitsap Sun under Notice of Trustees and this seems to be the closest bet. I haven't gone to my first auction yet but we're a military family and there are TONS of independent storage facilities in these military towns. Should I just call up the facilities one by one and ask them?

Gotta be creative and do everything.  Call, drive to the places, check the web and check all local newspaper under legal notices or auctions.

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 04:49:25 PM »
I see....gotta do the legwork. Thanks acman!

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 06:01:31 PM »
I am new too. But have a nice list of auctions to attend and do the Looky Loo. : ). I google legal notices with my county and state. Found quite a few web pages and one really nice one Florida public notices... I can search county, city, and just Auction. then read the notice and it may give you the name of the Auction company if one then you can google them. Plus the auction company will tell you there rules and fees, plus any form you may need before you bid. Hope that helps happy hunting.

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 09:03:33 PM »
Thanks :) I'm looking forward to starting this new venture. We're approaching the rainy season(s) in the Northwest so I'm ASSUMING there won't be very many people at these auctions. One storage facility actually had listings for their auction dates on their website. In this county, they hold auctions for individual items, which are cool too. Well, they're at least advertised. We're in the process of moving up to Kitsap County. Not there yet but I'd like to stand quietly and observe what goes on at the auctions, bring some cash just in case I see something I might like....for myself. HAHA!

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 06:35:36 PM »
I also went through the phone book got a list of the storage facility. We have one that has 14 locations so I googled their name with auction... Found the local Auction company that holds them.. Have several places I check now.. Planning on going on Thursday and Friday.. Storm today (flooding and power out) no auctions on Tuesday and busy on Wednesday.  Good luck  We are not quite ready yet either but taking cash too... : )

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 08:35:32 AM »
Don't count on rain to keep people away.  In most places everyone has the same idea and you end up with even bigger crowds then on nice sunny days.  It's those days when you have 2-3 auctions going on at the same place and time that you can get lucky with a small crowd if you pick correctly.

Offline Boxlot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 10:35:58 AM »
I have to agree with the fact that the rain will not keep people away.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 10:58:59 AM »
Didn't go because only two units up for auction and Our area suffered bad storms. Roads blocked flooding and such... But do plan on going on the nasty days too. New to the search so will take a month too get which ones are better than others. Can't wait to see the auctioneers... Hope we don't have some like movieman... :)

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 01:30:36 PM »
Weather dont stop anybody from going out to the auctions.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 01:54:29 PM »
Has anyone said that bad weather doesn't stop people from coming to auctions !  ::)

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 02:39:11 PM »
LOL Movieman! :D

I was thinking the same thing after I read it a third time. I also will be moving near Seattle so it's just another [rainy] day.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 06:34:02 PM »
Has anyone said that bad weather doesn't stop people from coming to auctions !  ::)
I don't think so. I said it kept me away.  :)

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 03:34:42 PM »
So the fam and I have finally settled in Kitsap County. I've finally done some research and here's what I've found. I called Public Storage (and they were in Arizona) who pretty much told me that they do have auctions but to look in the newspaper for legal auctions  >:( I did more online research...I found an auctioneer's website...Thomas Hayward and here's the place I plan on visiting in December:

thomashaywardauctioneers.com/Door-To-Door-Storage-Seattle-Storage-Foreclosure-a170445.php

A 40-50 wood container type auction I think is what's best for me as a starting point. I don't have a truck and figure I can start small. I even plan on just bidding on one box.

I also came across a local subscriber's list called Puget Sound Storage Auctions. It's 20 bucks a month or 200 for the whole year; however, if I can find auctions on my own, I'll hold off unless I really want to get serious and get a list.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 08:12:46 PM »
Try this

(Hope it works) Will help you get started.. All most a month into the searching and just now finding the better ones.
The paper is your best bet. They are not posted everyday and I think it has to be 14 days before the auction.
The best ones for us have been the little papers.. Do a search on the forum this is a heavy topic... May find some info for your area... Don't give up. : )

xx
Question about finding local storage auctions

Started by shaneman

7 Replies
Last post September 29, 2011, 09:29:20 AM
by acman
xx
where can I find all my local storage auctions for free?

Started by TheStorageBunker

11 Replies
Last post March 29, 2015, 07:52:45 AM
by Travis
xx
Finding Auctions in Nashville area

Started by deadcash

2 Replies
Last post August 18, 2011, 12:09:19 AM
by deadcash
xx
Outstanding Resource for Finding Auctions In Your Area