Storage Auctions

Finding Storage Auctions In Local Newspapers

Re: Finding Storage Auctions In Local Newspapers
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »
eskimo1817,

Go ahead and ask questions that come to mind. If you don't ask, you won't find out. 

Let's see, you want to know if there are auctions nobody else  knows about so you are the only bidder or one of very few bidders. That would be pretty advantageous, wouldn't it? Considering, all the active members of this forum are out to make a buck, why would they tell a complete stranger their trade secrets if they had such a source?

Realistic answer: Cultivate a working relationship with storage facility owners/managers. It's a lot of work, highly time consuming, and may not even bear fruit. Remember the sales adage, "Winners do things, losers choose not to do."

Good luck on cornering the market on auctions! ;D

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2011, 09:00:08 PM »
To give you MovieMan's answer --- USE THE SEARCH FEATURE.

For my answer --- look at the title of this thread.  Your first and best resource is your local newspapers and those papers around you.  Out to how ever far you want to drive.

You will not find an auction now a days with just you and 2 other people.  If you do - also play the lottery that day as you just hit the jackpot.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2011, 09:24:39 PM »
eskimo1817,

Let's see, you want to know if there are auctions nobody else  knows about so you are the only bidder or one of very few bidders. That would be pretty advantageous, wouldn't it? Considering, all the active members of this forum are out to make a buck, why would they tell a complete stranger their trade secrets if they had such a source?

Good luck on cornering the market on auctions! ;D

Both Craigs...and javawriter gave you the answers I would have provided.

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2011, 01:25:29 AM »
Are you associated with this site?   If so, better get to improving it.

Nope. I've found a number of auctions on it so I thought I'd throw it out there, but it appears to have gone downhill quite a bit as of lately.

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2011, 01:29:26 AM »
can anyone give me some info on how to find auctions that other people dont know about?  specifically in okla??

Break out the phone book/google and get to calling every storage unit in an X mile radius of your location where x is the maximum distance you're willing to travel.

Repeat the process weekly.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2011, 08:42:13 AM »
The sparefoot website STILL doesn't provide ANY leads to storage auctions.

It STILL appears to me to be JUST a thinly veiled way to promote places where you can RENT storage space.

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2011, 02:05:38 PM »
It shows some around my area (76549). I used to get a lot of results from it just a few months ago, but not so much anymore.

I'm not plugging the site, if that's what you're getting at.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2011, 07:06:56 PM »
It shows some around my area (76549). I used to get a lot of results from it just a few months ago, but not so much
I'm not plugging the site, if that's what you're getting at.

What I'm "getting at" is that the site doesn't seem to support very many zip codes. I looked yours up and it had a dozen or so, but anything else I tried didn't give anything. Maybe it just supports Texas.

xx
Question about finding local storage auctions

Started by shaneman

7 Replies
Last post September 29, 2011, 09:29:20 AM
by acman
xx
where can I find all my local storage auctions for free?

Started by TheStorageBunker

11 Replies
Last post March 29, 2015, 07:52:45 AM
by Travis
xx
Finding Auctions in Nashville area

Started by deadcash

2 Replies
Last post August 18, 2011, 12:09:19 AM
by deadcash
xx
Outstanding Resource for Finding Auctions In Your Area