Storage Auctions

How have you changed your stategies in the aftermath of the reality shows?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Any creative ideas or buying strategies for auctions now that the business has changed?

No i can't say i have. Why change something that works.

The only thing i have done is adding more of what i have done, and doing it more often. But the basic way of doing things stays the same.

I have seen alot of "old timers" that have changed their style or way of doing it, and what they tell me is that they are loosing on it or it makes them less profit. Now that the crowd here in Memphis is back to "normal" they have started to return to their old way of doing it.

My thoughts are, "Never change a winning formula" Just develop i further. And that have worked for me the 15 years i have been on my own feet doing business.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
That's amazing that the crowds in Memphis have returned to normal. You'll must not have cable television there yet. LOL

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Any creative ideas or buying strategies for auctions now that the business has changed?

I just don't buy as many !

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
I was thinking that the strategy that would work best is to only buy in volume and try to piece out all of the smaller items.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
I was thinking that the strategy that would work best is to only buy in volume and try to piece out all of the smaller items.

I like my idea better. Sometimes spending nothing is the right approach.

Sometimes spending nothing is the right approach.

I totally agree!  The way things have been price wise, I think some of the biggest winners have been the ones that haven't bought a locker!

Well I am one of the people who came along after the shows so I am not sure how it was before, but to this day I have not bought a locker. I am still trying to get that locker that calls out to me and so far the prices have been rather high for the crap I see.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
I am still trying to get that locker that calls out to me and so far the prices have been rather high for the crap I see.

What's that old saying...One man's crap ....is another man's crap.

Something like that.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Well I am one of the people who came along after the shows so I am not sure how it was before, but to this day I have not bought a locker. I am still trying to get that locker that calls out to me and so far the prices have been rather high for the crap I see.

That's because you are going to the highly publicized auctions in our area. However, you have done well not to overpay just to get your first locker. Quite honestly, I haven't bought a locker at the highly publicized auctions since December, you can't make a profit at those prices. I'm not going to risk money & work my butt off to break even.

You are seeing crap, because thats what you are looking for. YOu have to look past that.
You will not see the gold or silver or guns or safes from the door in every good locker.

One of my best locker ever looked like freakin crap frm the door, it looked like it had been a war in there.
The only reason i bid on it was becasue it had a fireplace cover that i needed for my self. And they cost 300 bucks in the store. So i sat my limit at 225 bucks. I got the unit for 195 bucks. And i eneded up selling for close to 3000 dollars from it. And on top of that i kpt a few things for my self that i needed, something that would have cost me close to 600 bucks in the store.

That's because you are going to the highly publicized auctions in our area. However, you have done well not to overpay just to get your first locker. Quite honestly, I haven't bought a locker at the highly publicized auctions since December, you can't make a profit at those prices. I'm not going to risk money & work my butt off to break even.

Ok ok I get it Mr TClane, I will send you the email for that free list....

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
That's great, I look forward to hearing from you Jose. Really, all I'm trying to do is help you out.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
That's great, I look forward to hearing from you Jose. Really, all I'm trying to do is help you out.

Not to get you into trouble for spam (cause I am asking for it) do you have a list for my area in San Antonio?

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
Not to get you into trouble for spam (cause I am asking for it) do you have a list for my area in San Antonio?

http://freestorageauctionlists.blogspot.com/2011/04/texas-storage-auctions-may-12-2011-san.html

xx
Have Storage Auction Reality Shows Changed the Storage Industry?

Started by Travis

5 Replies
Last post March 20, 2016, 09:08:37 AM
by alloro
xx
What an item is actually worth - reality vs the reality shows

Started by Restrain

5 Replies
Last post June 13, 2014, 02:40:11 PM
by luke
xx
So, what storage auction reality shows are still on the air?

Started by Travis

1 Replies
Last post September 14, 2021, 08:33:30 AM
by ThomasGrey
xx
Have these reality shows made competition stiff?

Started by Japanpickens

1 Replies
Last post December 05, 2012, 12:16:04 AM
by Travis