Storage Auctions

How much money do you bring?

Re: How much money do you bring?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2015, 10:24:32 AM »
storage areas have every inch of their property covered by cameras. 

if I was ever approched the robber would have a very "shocking" experience.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2015, 12:49:18 PM »
storage areas have every inch of their property covered by cameras. 

So do banks, yet they still get robbed.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2015, 09:01:21 PM »
So many facilities accept credit cards now there is no need for me to take a load of cash to auctions anymore and I actually seek out the auctions that accept cards and avoid cash only auctions.

Offline MikeMilez

• Author: "Storage Auction Authority"
    • View Profile
    • MikeMilez.com
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2015, 02:41:51 PM »
I know for a fact that many auction goers carry a gun. Someone would be stupid to try to rob from that crowd! There's no way he could keep an eye on everyone. As soon as he pulled his gun out, he would have at least 10 aimed straight at him. Sure, he could get off a few shots, but a) he's not getting any money, and b) he won't make it out alive.

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2015, 04:59:20 PM »
^^^ Something to consider. Let's say you bring a big wad of cash with you and you're smart enough not to flaunt it. A sweet locker opens and you bid it sky high, but someone else bids a bit higher. Now the crowd knows you're loaded, but didn't spend it. Watch you're rear view mirror on the way home or go strait to the bank and make a deposit.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2015, 01:08:52 PM »
I've thought about the robbery thing too.   There was a short stint here where guys were holding up estate sales late afternoon.  Knew there was a couple grand between estate company and peoples wallets.

Starting thinking auctions might be unsafe.   20-40 actual bidders.   Each has $500-$1000, some much more.

But then I thought it would be rough.   Indoors and the hall is packed.  Outside and the crowd is spread out.   There isn't any control. 

I started looking closely at the crowd too.   Hadn't been a single auction that I haven't been able to see at LEAST one guy with concealed firearm.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2015, 07:59:15 AM »
I started looking closely at the crowd too.   Hadn't been a single auction that I haven't been able to see at LEAST one guy with concealed firearm.

Most people aren't aware of how many others around them are armed. My 60 year old mother carries a .45. My 87 year old grandfather carries as well. According to a recent study, 11,113,013 or 4.8% of the U.S. population currently holds a concealed carry permit. 1.28 million permits have been issued in the state of Florida alone...and those are just the numbers for people who carry legally.

xx
How much money do your bring to an auction ?

Started by MovieMan

3 Replies
Last post February 07, 2011, 07:36:21 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Do I have to bring my own locks? If so, why? If so, how many should I bring?

Started by MovieMan

2 Replies
Last post January 06, 2013, 03:57:13 PM
by Alias300
xx
How many locks do you bring and why

Started by alloro

4 Replies
Last post September 30, 2013, 10:50:40 PM
by calcoastgal
xx
Bring change