Storage Auctions

I just Bought my first Unit and had a question

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
Re: I just Bought my first Unit and had a question
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 10:12:13 AM »
When I had a ton of DVDs to sell, maybe 3-4 years ago, I was selling them for $3 ea. 4 for $10. Went to the flea market this past weekend and a guy was selling milk crates full of DVDs, $2 ea. Buy 4 get 1 free.

I'm selling those things for .50 cents a piece now, unless they are 2-disc or collectible. I have noticed sales of DVDs are really starting to slow down. I think the whole netflixs/Wii & other streaming avenues is really catching on. On the other hand music CDs have started to get a little more interest so I have raised my selling price from .25 cents a piece to .50 cents a piece and am still having increased sales.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 04:03:46 PM »
I think the whole netflixs/Wii & other streaming avenues is really catching on.

I hardly ever buy anything new, but there are a few things I don't take chances with like computers, underwear, etc. Anyway, I broke my number rule and bought a new surround sound system. I already had a pretty nice one but the new one I bought was loaded with features and the price was really reasonable. The most important feature to me was the 3D blu ray player with integrated WI-FI. I just entered my wireless network code, set up a Netflix account (first month is free BTW) and bam!, I was watching movies a few minutes later. For $7.99, you can't beat it.

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 04:06:26 PM »
Yeah, DVDs used to be collected, but not so much any more. You're right with Netflix and streaming capabilities, it frees up a lot of shelf space in people's homes.. People around here still factor in DVDs as part of the profit of the locker. I just see them as a hassle to carry around and store.

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 11:48:08 AM »
I still have a few decent days with my DVDs but not like I did even last year.  Most people have gone to blueray since the price of those players are so cheap.  Not finding many movies in that format yet, but am starting to see a few signs.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 02:49:17 PM »
I just took 62 DVDs to a video store and they wanted to give me $20 store credit.   Ummm...what am I gonna do with a $20 credit at a video store?  I'm trying to get rid of DVDs!

Ended up giving them away to friends for dinner....buy lunch....

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2013, 07:48:34 PM »
That sucks!

Red Box and that online movie service are killing second hand sales.

Yes, but maybe it will open up a new market for second hand video dispensing kiosks.  ;)

xx
Anyone bought a really bad unit lately?

Started by Travis

7 Replies
Last post December 17, 2013, 05:47:45 PM
by calcoastgal
xx
Just bought my first unit

Started by steelerfan

3 Replies
Last post November 05, 2011, 09:30:26 PM
by Drew