Storage Auctions

New guy in Austin TX.

New guy in Austin TX.
« on: March 30, 2011, 11:25:40 AM »
Im looking at getting into storage auctions. Ive always bought and sold alot of my own stuff. I use CL prolly 5 hrs a day and a bit of ebay. First, i noticed i could only sell 500 dollars worth of items per month, what do i have to do to raise that? Also, who works in Texas? I would just like a feel for things. I plan on scoping out the auctions soon, but havent been able to yet because i work full time and most of the auctions around here are during the week.... Also there is one flea market i would like to sell at here in austin. Its travel channels #8 of worlds best flea markets lol. Truthfully, its a bunch of fake stuff, junk and mexicans. JW if anyone has ever sold there? Its only 20 per day.  Thanks!

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: New guy in Austin TX.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 07:24:31 AM »
In Houston we have a place called Traders Village which is a large flea market. I know several professional storage auction buyers that sell there exclusively. They seem to do well there, averaging 2K-4K every weekend. It's probably a good idea to sell your more expensive items on Craigslist and take the smaller, less expensive items to the flea market.

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 11:47:36 AM »
Hmmm, How do you sell yours?

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 12:17:59 PM »
I just looked those up and they look bad ass. They dont look ghetto. Haha.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 01:34:05 PM »
When I was buying storage units full time, I rented a used car lot on Saturdays. We would fill up 2 - 26' U-Hauls every week and then spread it out over 1/3 acre. Since it was on a busy street we got a lot of traffic. We made pretty decent money at it. If you want to read more about it, I have several articles on my website.

As far as Traders Village is concerned...yeah, they are pretty nice. A majority of them are covered booths, a lot of them are have 4 walls and a door (I think they are rented monthly) and some are just parking spaces. They are usually pretty full. A lot of the vendors actually live on the property, I have heard that it has one of the nicest RV parks in the State. Judging from the looks of these RV's, these people are aren't hurting for cash. (It looks like a new RV dealership) A friend of mine used to sell new purses from a different flea market and she said that she would make around 8K every weekend. Another guy that I know also sold purses at flea markets and he was making around 10K every weekend. Apparently, the discount purse business is a good business to be in, especially at rural flea markets.

Travis Lane
If you're looking for Austin Storage Auctions visit AuctionsTX.com.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 02:30:27 PM »
A friend of mine used to sell new purses from a different flea market and she said that she would make around 8K every weekend. Another guy that I know also sold purses at flea markets and he was making around 10K every weekend. Apparently, the discount purse business is a good business to be in, especially at rural flea markets.

Travis Lane
www.houstorageauctions.com

Sign me up for the $32K to $40K purse business. I would love to make that much a month.  ::)

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 12:14:50 AM »
the #8 travel channel flea market sucks ive sold there before its a waste of time

xx
Anyone in Austin, TX?

Started by justinp95

2 Replies
Last post April 06, 2011, 12:34:33 PM
by justinp95
xx
Austin Storage Auctions

Started by Travis

0 Replies
Last post March 10, 2014, 07:09:41 PM
by Travis