Storage Auctions

New in Chicago area

New in Chicago area
« on: December 25, 2010, 10:43:16 AM »
Trying get all my ducks in a row before i do this...

What is the best way to get rid of garbage?  Dump sites in Chicago area?

Thanks Roland

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
Re: New in Chicago area
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 12:06:38 PM »
Hey welcome!

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 02:12:35 PM »
Thanks. I think this is a great site. There is a lot of people in the business that dont want to share or give you tips because they think that they are helping the competition. I think there is enough bread on the table for evrybody.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 06:44:35 PM »
Thanks. I think this is a great site. There is a lot of people in the business that dont want to share or give you tips because they think that they are helping the competition. I think there is enough bread on the table for evrybody.

I'm welcoming to all newcomers and dont really have an issue sharing knowlege though I'm not as helpful when it comes to telling people about units.

I'm happy to tell someone how to get rid of stuff because taht's not direct competition for me, I'd like to see others maximize their profits.

When it comes to sharing info on upcomming aucitons I'm not quite as willing to share. Giving away taht info, especially to someone in your region of the country is inviting another person to come bid against you.

I do think its good taht we all network and share info though, it helps us all maximize our profits from units we buy.

As far as enough bread for everyone, not really the case. Last PODS auction I went to was over 300 people. A unit with 4 old mattresses and nothing else sold for $900. Someone must either think they can get $300 per used mattress or think the mattresses are stuffed with cash...lol

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 09:49:45 AM »
With the somewhat limited number of people at these forums right now, the best bet on your dump site question for Chicago is to do a google search or talk to the people at your waste management offices in your area.

In my area the county dumps are accessible to the general public and a pickup truck load (as high as you can stack) goes for about $15 to $18 dollars. Paying by the ton is more expensive, but if you take a big box truck in and pay that way you're only making one trip which saves on gas.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 10:34:25 AM »
With the somewhat limited number of people at these forums right now, the best bet on your dump site question for Chicago is to do a google search or talk to the people at your waste management offices in your area.

In my area the county dumps are accessible to the general public and a pickup truck load (as high as you can stack) goes for about $15 to $18 dollars. Paying by the ton is more expensive, but if you take a big box truck in and pay that way you're only making one trip which saves on gas.

Not sure how long this has been in effect but last time I went to the dump they charged me all types of extra fees for hazard fees and all this other nonsense even though it was normal stuff I was dumpiong. Not sure if this is just an IL thing or a federal thing.

I find the cheapest and easiest option is those waste management bags you can buy at home depot. About $130 you pick up the bag unfold it load it up in your driveway and call them to have them take it away.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 10:50:59 AM »
In California we have some the strictest rules regarding waste.
In my area there is a public facility designed for nothing else than the collecting of haz mat materials like paint, etc. When I take stuff there they unload it and some containers they will put in a little room for sale (partial cans of product).

They also take electronics.

One facility in my town pays by the pound for electronis (tv, monitors) but only allows 5 items per year on a driver's license and they maintain a database which tracks it.

Tires are usually $7 at the local landfills but now they are running a "take for free" deal through the next 6 months. This is to prevent people from dumping them out on county roads.

xx
Who's in the Chicago area?

Started by rogue

3 Replies
Last post May 12, 2011, 06:03:39 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Hello from Chicago Area

Started by spoofy

1 Replies
Last post April 14, 2011, 12:04:32 PM
by Drew