Storage Auctions

problem locating storage units in seattle ?

problem locating storage units in seattle ?
« on: December 17, 2010, 08:13:57 AM »
hello, been curious about storage unit auctions for some time, so finally decided to check it out, but, not having very good luck. have been to dozens of sites, plenty of commentary, but very little actual useful info? several sites talk about how often there are storage unit auctions in seattle, many claim almost daily. which makes sense, because in seattle, it is hard to go for more than a mile or two without seeing storage units,(literally hundreds of storage units in seattle) and lots of people around here are finding less work than they used to (including me, and thus my motivation) have checked the legal/public notices of the local paper for some time, only seen the occassional storage unit auctions, most not conveniently scheduled or located. have called dozens of storage units in seattle yellow pages, but most are vague about upcoming auctions or reluctant to give specific info on their auctioneers? have called several auctioneers in area, but all want to put me on a general (E)mailing list. i am specifically interested in "storage unit auctions", and dont want to be deluged with a lot of non pertinent auction info. have checked out a couple of sites like auctionzip & storageauctions.net. but have found them pretty much useless for locating actual storage unit auctions in seattle. when they do show listings, they are usually old or months down the road. it seems odd to me that this info is so hard to come by? it also seems odd that there are not better sites for such info ?, i find it hard to believe that (in a city the size of seattle) the only local storage auctions are months down the road?,  it seems that if there are really that many local storage auctions , that there must be a site listing them (auctioneers clearinghouse maybe?), and that those listings would turn up in goggle searches, but hrs of googling has produced very little. what gives?, my user name says it all,  almost ready to give up before i get started. any specific info would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Re: problem locating storage units in seattle ?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 10:44:56 AM »
The storage units are probably getting way to many inquires since the unreality shows came out.  Best bet is to call the big name places and ask to be put on distribution for their list.  Most around here do not auctioneers they just do it themselves. Where in the Seattle area are you located North South East or West?

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 02:23:50 PM »
thanks for the excellent replies, just what i was looking for. i just moved from ballard to s. seattle . figure i am good for about a 20 mile radius. thanks again

Offline terry

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 05:57:33 PM »
send me email

Offline terry

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 04:51:14 PM »
try this web site
publicnoticeads.com/WA/search/searchnotices.asp

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 01:39:24 PM »
Here is another site that might help you.
Just put in your zip code.
auctionzip.com/

Milton

xx
is this the going price for units in the seattle area?

Started by FlybyNight

5 Replies
Last post August 23, 2011, 12:49:25 AM
by monkeybusiness
question
Where can I buy a Storage unit in Or near Seattle Washington?? Help I'm new

Started by The risker

8 Replies
Last post December 29, 2012, 12:13:24 PM
by Alias300
xx
Need help locating unclaimed container auctions

Started by Southern Yankee

4 Replies
Last post November 11, 2011, 06:19:30 PM
by jrossjr79
xx
Seattle Auctions AFTER Unreality Television Storage Shows!

Started by the teacher

10 Replies
Last post January 02, 2011, 03:08:51 PM
by Mr Andersen