Storage Auctions

Question about legal notices in newspaper

Offline Jesterc333

• Up root yourself so you can gain some perspective.
    • View Profile
Question about legal notices in newspaper
« on: July 30, 2012, 10:42:25 AM »
I just wanted to know. When there is only one persons name listed om the notice and a start and finish time say like 8am-3pm. Does this mean it's a piece by piece silent bid or what? ???

Offline Jesterc333

• View Profile
Re: Question about legal notices in newspaper
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 11:54:44 AM »
Well, that's the thing this place is a good 30 miles away and the phone book, internet or 411 give a number to a place that used to be in business at that address 5+ years ago. Guess I'll hold on to my money till next week's pods auction they're listing 26 pods up for auction ;) This pods office is regional HQ so all surrounding offices send there pods here to get auctioned off. :)

Offline Jesterc333

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 12:46:31 PM »
it is a Saturday auction so there's 3 Flea's and god know how many yard sales between here and there. I looked on Google maps and this building sits by it self on the side of a hwy. No visible fences or locks just 6 metal roll up doors all about 20 feet wide. Maybe a mechanic went broke and now landlord is taking his stuff. But the legal notices says it's a storage auction???

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 05:15:12 PM »
Jester - is this a small town or rural storage area?  In the city everything is fenced, wired, etc.  In the small towns around me a large facility has 20 units, most with only 6-12 units.  Can be worth making the trip just to get the number even if they cancel.  As movieman said find some flea / yard sales on the way since it's a saturday.  Is what I do many times.

Of late those yard sales are better buys then any storage unit unless you get one of the 1 out of 100 great units.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 09:03:13 PM »
Yep, there is even talk of a new TV series: "Mafia Storage Wars".

I wanted to see that show, but I was told in no uncertain terms to go about my business and forgetaboutit.

Offline Jesterc333

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 06:57:49 AM »
Well I thought real hard about it over this week and Ive come to the conclusion I'd rather make money than spend it this weekend. 30 miles for an auction that might be cancelled. I'm going to have a yard sale instead. I live in a very high traffic area and the least I've ever made on a yard sale when I've had this much stock is around $300 so I'll just save gas and build more buying power for my Main U-haul and PODS auctions coming up thurs. I just don't have enough info to waste my time and money hauling my trailer 30 miles into the boonies possibly for zipppp.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 03:51:36 PM »
Well I thought real hard about it over this week and Ive come to the conclusion I'd rather make money than spend it this weekend. 30 miles for an auction that might be cancelled. I'm going to have a yard sale instead. I live in a very high traffic area and the least I've ever made on a yard sale when I've had this much stock is around $300 so I'll just save gas and build more buying power for my Main U-haul and PODS auctions coming up thurs. I just don't have enough info to waste my time and money hauling my trailer 30 miles into the boonies possibly for zipppp.

Sounds wise.
I did same with estate sales.  Hit local ones but skipped all more than 10miles.  Made a loop.
I'll hit some on way to Sunday Dinner when things are 50% off and won't waste gas on sales that listings/pictures didn't show much.

xx
Legal Notices!

Started by cladkins

3 Replies
Last post March 05, 2013, 05:25:25 PM
by Travis
xx
Legal notices

Started by dbr831

3 Replies
Last post May 24, 2013, 12:55:07 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Errors in legal notices

Started by Travis

7 Replies
Last post November 19, 2014, 05:52:29 PM
by auctionguy
xx
How many newspapers do you have to look through to find legal notices?

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post February 03, 2014, 11:01:39 AM
by StorageAuctionFinds