Storage Auctions

storage auction pay listings

Re: storage auction pay listings
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 04:56:44 PM »
In each state there should be a website that shows all the auctions being posted under "public notices," since that is the legal requirement necessary. I would never pay anyone to tell me something I can find for free, and neither should you if you are planning on taking this business serious. Go to your state> Press association> Public Notice Search> then hopefully you can usually filter down to auctions/public sales. After all, you aren't going to make any money reading about adoptions.  ;)

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 08:12:48 AM »
Not all states have such a site.  Nor do all newspapers report listings in a timely fashion or at all.  I never found one for SC but did for GA.  Looking at the GA I find a ton of auctions in Atlanta, Savannah, but none of the other large towns, cities, or counties.  Your best bet is always your local paper(s) and to call around to the individual facilities.

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 03:35:24 PM »
I guess I'm lucky I live here! I have at least a dozen auctions within my range over the next couple weeks. I've been googlin' the addresses of the sites and "street viewing" them to get an idea of the areas I'm unsure of whether they're worth my while. There is one in Athens that had a nice number of units, about a dozen. I got a street view of the address but it must be a new facility because all I saw was woods. This one I'm definitely going to on the 23rd. @ 9 am. I'm expecting broke college kids' worthless furniture, books and such, but there's always the possibility of an air hockey or beer pong table so being thirty mins. away-I'm in!

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 04:55:02 PM »
I have been looking more into S. Carolina. So far I'm not impressed with their PA site. You can't even search their site! I did find another good site for 15/ 50 states. It does not have SC but does have listings for NC and VA. Maybe more looking will be in order. Anyways the site is: mypublicnotices(dot)com

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2012, 09:21:25 AM »
I guess I'm lucky I live here! I have at least a dozen auctions within my range over the next couple weeks. I've been googlin' the addresses of the sites and "street viewing" them to get an idea of the areas I'm unsure of whether they're worth my while.

im probably going to pop my cherry and buy my first unit this thursday. the good thing is, i live in a upper middle class / lower high class neighborhood (houses range from 350k-1mil) and the first 2 auctions are right down the road :)

come to think of it, those are probably the only 2 ill attend, since the other 8 or so are in less than desirable sections of town that arent known for hoarding cool stuff.

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 12:55:54 PM »
Yeah just gotta hope at least a few people don't pay in time! good luck!

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2012, 01:15:35 PM »
If you are in Athens DFFATL you should look into Atlanta.  That will keep you busy enough.

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2012, 01:56:32 PM »
I'm sort of in between near Monroe. I will be working 3 different auctions on the 26th. All of them on the Southside of ATL starting at 10 am 1:30 and 3. The 2nd one I may not attend if the first runs long which is a PODS auction and I'm interested to see what those are like. Hopefully the crowd will have thinned out by the time the third one goes down. I won't get my hopes up though- the listing included " 51" TV, trailor, motorcycle" Really? Did they have to put that. I love the "misc. items" ones so much better.

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2012, 05:32:35 PM »
im probably going to pop my cherry and buy my first unit this thursday. the good thing is, i live in a upper middle class / lower high class neighborhood (houses range from 350k-1mil) and the first 2 auctions are right down the road :)

come to think of it, those are probably the only 2 ill attend, since the other 8 or so are in less than desirable sections of town that arent known for hoarding cool stuff.

some of the best units we've seen/bought have come from a rough area of town.  And likewise some of the trashiest in the 'better' areas.  Not always the case, but you really shouldn't judge a book and all......

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 04:08:29 AM »

some of the best units we've seen/bought have come from a rough area of town.  And likewise some of the trashiest in the 'better' areas.  Not always the case, but you really shouldn't judge a book and all......

Will agree the nicer facilities may be full. And if you need to store stuff will find one that has space available. Went to an auction and the owner of the facility had been putting it off but he needed the space for paying customers. His facility was full.  "but you really shouldn't judge a book and all......"

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2012, 06:30:49 AM »
I know this post is a little bit late but this is a common newbie mistake. The company listed above is an aggregator that compiles information from storage facility's websites, newspapers and auctioneer's websites. The sell you the information that you can get for free with minimal effort.

I can't speak for every area, but in Dallas/Fort Worth & Houston, they miss 80% of the auctions. Why do they miss so many? Because it is a lot of work to actually call thousands of storage facilities on a regular basis. Why would they want to pay an employee to to make all of these phone calls when they can just visit a few websites, skim some auctions off the top and hope that nobody notices?  ::)

You know there is a problem when you visit their website and the first question in their FAQ is " Q: How often do you update your data? I am finding auctions not on your list!"

The truth is, they don't contact every facility in the country like they claim to. They visit other peoples websites and re-appropriate data that is convenient for them to find. You will never see auctions listed on their website that were published in smaller community newspapers because these auctions take longer to find.

If only you guys who use their service knew how many auctions you were missing, it would make you sick to your stomach.

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 04:19:15 AM »
I am also a newbie but have been checking this out for years. Way before the shows. I find storagetreasures.com helps some as does calling the storage lots,but another thing that helped was contacting the auctioneers in my area to send me a list of upcoming auctions they would be handling.I learn something new everyday but my daddy always said the day you stop learning is the day they put you in the ground. You must also realize in this world an education costs, if you're lucky it will only cost you money.  ;)

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2012, 07:06:34 PM »
If your in the Atlanta area you can subscribe to Drew's listing.  It is pretty accurate from what I can tell and gives # of units, address for facility, and a phone #.  Is a great way to pay him back for providing this site to us.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2012, 09:53:15 PM »
If your in the Atlanta area you can subscribe to Drew's listing.  It is pretty accurate from what I can tell and gives # of units, address for facility, and a phone #.  Is a great way to pay him back for providing this site to us.

I have seen Drew's lists and I guarantee you are getting a better quality product with his his service as opposed to using some national auction listing service that delivers half ass results. Why? Because it focuses on a specific city. The other sites try to cover too large of an area and their subscribers are the ones who are obliviously suffering.

xx
Storage Auction Listings

Started by IvanaStgUnit

6 Replies
Last post March 26, 2011, 11:44:57 PM
by MovieMan
xx
San Antonio Storage Auction Listings

Started by Travis

6 Replies
Last post April 29, 2012, 10:03:09 PM
by Travis