Storage Auctions

They're abandoning ship!

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
They're abandoning ship!
« on: July 11, 2013, 07:01:30 PM »
Just got off the phone with a district manager for a chain of storage facilities that has been using Storage Battles for a while and wanted to switch to Virtual Storage Auction. We didn't market Virtual Storage Auction to this company, she found us on her own.  She had a lot of questions about VSA. She also expressed her frustration with Storage Battles' fees and claimed that their site isn't user friendly for storage facilities. We spoke for about half an hour and she will be giving us a try with her next auctions. I'm really looking forward to having this company's account.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: They're abandoning ship!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 01:44:49 PM »
Check this unit out. It sold for top dollar. Not sure if it had something to do with the baseball cards.

http://virtualstorageauction.com/auctions/lien-sale-online-only/camano-island-washington-6/

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 04:07:30 PM »
I wouldn't have gone that high, partially due to distance.   But would have liked an excuse to go to the island.  It's nice.

Wonder how a girl would take it?

Yeah, I got us a room at a B&B on Camano Island!  Very romantic!  Oh....by the way, we're driving up in  U-Haul and I need your help emptying out a storge unit.  Ohhhh.... Wait untill you try these oysters at Vincent's Oyster Bar!  The best!

I think it would go over okay, right?   ;D

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 10:29:52 PM »
If you have the right girl, she would be all over it!

If you have the wrong girl, she'll just complain the whole time or not even go in the first place.

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 12:54:42 PM »
It will be nice to finally see some auctions on Travis's owned site.  Its been months since you opened and all you have had is 5 or so auctions, mostly in Washington state, and none even in your home state of Texas.  I would think that you would be dominant there, but you haven't had any listings there.  As a potential buyer, I wonder if you will succeed without any auctions, and a flawed business plan of no revenue.  It's nice to give things away for free, but eventually, we all want to make some money. 

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 07:40:10 PM »
It will be nice to finally see some auctions on Travis's owned site.  Its been months since you opened and all you have had is 5 or so auctions, mostly in Washington state, and none even in your home state of Texas.  I would think that you would be dominant there, but you haven't had any listings there.  As a potential buyer, I wonder if you will succeed without any auctions, and a flawed business plan of no revenue.  It's nice to give things away for free, but eventually, we all want to make some money.

Well, you probably know better than anyone that it takes time to attract storage facilities to online storage auctions. Yes, there have been several auctions listed in Washington and the facility manager is extremely pleased with the results.

Dominating one state is not a concern. Slow and steady wins the race. When Sealed Online Bids first started out, they only had a handful of storage facilities. It took well over a year for them to establish themselves.

VirtualStorageAuction's business plan is not flawed. It's well thought out. We offer a better service than our competitors and we make it free. The other sites won't be able to compete in the long run. It's simple economics.

Lastly, VSA generates revenue through advertisements. AuctionZip utilizes a similar strategy and it seems to be working fine for them.  ;)

xx
What is the best way to ship items?

Started by Alias300

0 Replies
Last post January 07, 2013, 02:19:42 PM
by Alias300
xx
Two Picks...Two Ships via U-Ship

Started by MovieMan

3 Replies
Last post March 07, 2013, 10:22:36 AM
by MovieMan
xx
Can I ship a vintage encyclopedia set using media mail?

Started by HomeGrownPromos

5 Replies
Last post December 18, 2013, 09:00:26 PM
by MovieMan