Storage Auctions

Where is Travis? Nowhere to be found at the Texas Self Storage show?

Offline storagebuyer

• AKA Lance Watkins of Storage Trashers
    • View Profile
We are all here at the TSSA show in Houston and looking for Travis and his listing site and/or Virtual web site.

This is the biggest show in Texas and one of the largest in the country.  He lives only 30 minutes away.  How can he not be here to promote his sites and support his own state organization?  Sounds kinds curious and interesting. 

(Just for the record, the person who started this post has the same IP address as Lance Watkins from Storage Treasures)

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Where is Travis? Nowhere to be found at the Texas Self Storage show?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 07:02:52 PM »
If I remember correctly he is cleaning out a locker today (Sunday the 27th).

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 07:54:24 PM »
We are all here at the TSSA show in Houston and looking for Travis and his listing site and/or Virtual web site.

This is the biggest show in Texas and one of the largest in the country.  He lives only 30 minutes away.  How can he not be here to promote his sites and support his own state organization?  Sounds kinds curious and interesting.

Why would you be looking for me? I already told you I wouldn't be there. I learned about it just a few weeks ago and that's not enough time to prepare. Perhaps next year.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 06:48:54 AM »
Once again, I first learned of the event a few weeks ago when Lance from Storage Treasures asked if I would be there. There are over of 50 of these conventions every year including the SSA's big event. I'm sure I'll attend some of them in the future. But as of now, I'm in no hurry. Storage Battles is at the conventions promoting the online storage auction industry which simultaneously helps Virtual Storage Auction.

Virtual Storage Auction is like a Lion and Storage Battles is like a Cheetah. While the Cheetah spends it's energy chasing prey, the Lion lies patiently in the brush. Once the Cheetah makes a kill, the Lion comes to take it away from him.

Also, I find it ironic that someone who has never bought a storage unit at auction would use the screen name Storage Buyer. 

Offline storagebuyer

• AKA Lance Watkins of Storage Trashers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 02:53:49 PM »
Who is Lance?  And Travis, have we spoken?  I just wanted to compare Virtual Auctions with Storage Battles as they are hosting thousands of auctions a month and Virtual has 4 auctions.  I wanted to see why the industry has embraced them versus Virtual.  I guess I'll just compare Storage Battles with the other competition...none.

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 03:01:20 PM »
This must be so confusing?  :D

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 08:47:21 PM »
So, you continue to suggest that Travis can behave in any manner he wants but everyone who participates has to abide by a different set of values?

Which part of 'it's his website' are you not comprehending? If you kick back on your couch to watch TV and put your feet up on your coffee table, does that mean anyone that comes into your home can do the same as you? So yes, people that come into my domain that I pay for and manage, are not entitled to the same privileges that I enjoy there. You can pretend to disagree all you want, but you, me, and just about anyone else would do the same.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 08:57:24 PM »
I'm obviously getting under the skin of Storage Battles and Storage Treasures. You guys are obsessed like a couple of teenage girls at a Justin Bieber concert.

Who is Lance?  And Travis, have we spoken?  I just wanted to compare Virtual Auctions with Storage Battles as they are hosting thousands of auctions a month and Virtual has 4 auctions.  I wanted to see why the industry has embraced them versus Virtual.  I guess I'll just compare Storage Battles with the other competition...none.

Go ahead and play dumb. Obviously you're affiliated with Storage Battles or Storage Treasures, people here aren't idiots.

Just for the record, Storage Battles isn't hosting thousands of auctions a month. At best, 200 units between 70 storage facilities of which most are owned by 5 companies. 

Yes, Virtual Storage Auction has fewer auctions as of now. VSA is only 6 months old. We didn't have the luxury of purchasing our clients from a competitor. We started with 0 units. As of last week, we had 11 auctions going on at the same time. Sure, that's not very many compared to our competitor but we will continue growing. Eventually, we will put our competitor out of business. It's just a matter of time before our competitor's clients realize that they can get a better service for free by using VirtualStorageAuction.com

Now, while I'm on the subject of inflated statistics, I remember seeing a press release a while back where Storage Trashers claimed to have 500K users. You don't have half a million users, you have half a million registrations of which 95% will never return to your site. I would imagine that a majority of those registrations are spam as well.

You guys just need to accept the fact that Storage Treasures is failing fast. You make no money, nobody wants your training videos and you're no longer the number one site in this niche. Storage Auction Forums is now the worlds largest storage auction website. Compared to Storage Trashers, we now have more visitors, 3X more content and we're growing 10X faster. I hope it eats you up that you'll always be number 2.

What I really want to know is why you have a picture of me on your iPhone? That's a little creepy but it shouldn't surprise me coming from you. Looks like you and the Storage Battles team are having a great time at the convention. Is that what you call "business" attire?

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 12:58:43 AM »
For those of you who don't want to turn your computer screen or laptop upside down, here's the right side up picture posted by "The Real Lance".

TY lol

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 01:10:13 AM »

Now, while I'm on the subject of inflated statistics, I remember seeing a press release a while back where Storage Trashers claimed to have 500K users. You don't have half a million users, you have half a million registrations of which 95% will never return to your site. I would imagine that a majority of those registrations are spam as well.

Opps - you missed again - we just acquired another ... 700k now. How is it a tec guy has so little ability to connect the dots?

Shall I post the message again were you ask to market our training training to your users?

The one where you offer to have your writers give reviews?

The one where you want to post adds on every page for Storage Treasures?

...so confusing.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 09:20:38 AM »
Opps - you missed again - we just acquired another ... 700k now. How is it a tec guy has so little ability to connect the dots?

Shall I post the message again were you ask to market our training training to your users?

The one where you offer to have your writers give reviews?

The one where you want to post adds on every page for Storage Treasures?

...so confusing.

Lance, I could turn off my spam filters and have 700K registrations in about 6 months. Most of these registered users will never return to your site because they went to a few auctions, realized that storage auctions weren't for them and now they're off doing other things. Then factor in all of the spam accounts and you aren't left with many users at all.

Sure, I offered to trade advertising with you. What, do you think that qualifies as an endorsement? But you failed to realize that I had a hidden agenda when I contacted you. You unknowingly revealed some information that was just priceless.

By the way, you still haven't denied stealing auction listings from Storage Unit Auction List. If a question about the integrity of my business practices was being raised, I know I would address it immediately. You and your wife just keep changing the subject. It makes you look like you have something to hide.

Also, if you and your wife aren't doing anything illegal, why won't your wife explain how she posts auctions on your site for the entire United States by herself? It only takes Storage Unit Auction List 15 +/- employees to do the same job. She must be the most efficient worker on Earth.  ::)

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 10:20:01 AM »

Sure, I offered to trade advertising with you. What, do you think that qualifies as an endorsement? But you failed to realize that I had a hidden agenda when I contacted you. You unknowingly revealed some information that was just priceless.

Say it isn't so !  :-\

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2013, 08:56:07 PM »
Who is Lance?  And Travis, have we spoken?

Just an update. Storagebuyer (the person who started this thread) has the same IP address as Lance Watkins from Storage Treasures.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2013, 09:17:06 PM »
Just an update. Storagebuyer (the person who started this thread) has the same IP address as Lance Watkins from Storage Treasures.

The next time Alloro (or anyone) accuses ME of stirring a pot of discontent, I will remind them of this "bump" you did.

Have you heard the expression "Let sleeping dogs lie" ?  Or do you want more conflict to raise the ratings?

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2013, 09:38:26 PM »
The next time Alloro (or anyone) accuses ME of stirring a pot of discontent

Why'd you bring me into it? ??? I agree with you that the thread should've been left for dead.

xx
Travis Mentions Mod.

Started by luke

4 Replies
Last post July 09, 2014, 11:18:01 AM
by luke
xx
HTML Bug for Travis

Started by luke

3 Replies
Last post February 16, 2014, 01:03:36 PM
by luke