Storage Auctions

Where is Travis? Nowhere to be found at the Texas Self Storage show?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Where is Travis? Nowhere to be found at the Texas Self Storage show?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 08:24:45 AM »
The next time Alloro (or anyone) accuses ME of stirring a pot of discontent, I will remind them of this "bump" you did.

Have you heard the expression "Let sleeping dogs lie" ?  Or do you want more conflict to raise the ratings?

Not trying to stir the pot, but when I came across the matching IP addresses, I thought it was something that needed to be disclosed. Especially due to the nature of the post and the adamant denial by Storagebuyer AKA Lance Watkins.

Offline storagebuyer

• AKA Lance Watkins of Storage Trashers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2013, 09:01:53 PM »
I thought this post was dead, but as I see now, has been brought to back to life.  I have been in Mexico on business, and just logged in to see what is new on the site.  I started this post because of a simple observation about our industry and the largest show in Texas and the 4th largest show in the country.  I made the observation that if we were all in Houston, Travis's home town, he would also be there, as is is only 40 minutes from his house. He claims to be the best, largest, and most knowledgeable, so one would think he would be gracing us with his presence.  Not a stretch to conclude this.

For the facts, I am not Lance Watkins.  I did see him in Houston as he had a booth there.  I don't have the same IP address as he does, as Travis states, as I live alone.  If he is using my IP address, I hope he will consider chipping in for the internet service.  Just another misguided inaccurate statement from Travis.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2013, 10:03:14 PM »
Touch gloves, dance backwards and start circling the ring !   ;D

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2013, 10:54:37 PM »
I thought this post was dead, but as I see now, has been brought to back to life.  I have been in Mexico on business, and just logged in to see what is new on the site.  I started this post because of a simple observation about our industry and the largest show in Texas and the 4th largest show in the country.  I made the observation that if we were all in Houston, Travis's home town, he would also be there, as is is only 40 minutes from his house. He claims to be the best, largest, and most knowledgeable, so one would think he would be gracing us with his presence.  Not a stretch to conclude this.

For the facts, I am not Lance Watkins.  I did see him in Houston as he had a booth there.  I don't have the same IP address as he does, as Travis states, as I live alone.  If he is using my IP address, I hope he will consider chipping in for the internet service.  Just another misguided inaccurate statement from Travis.

Here are the screen shots of the matching IP addresses. This shows all IP addresses which were used to log into both accounts.

I don't know where you came up with this crap about me claiming that I'm best, largest, and most knowledgeable. I've never said anything like that. I've said that this forum is the largest storage auction website on the web, which is true. Lastly, I don't live in Houston anymore. I live in Central Texas. Not only that, I'm not a member of the Texas Self Storage Association nor have I ever participated in their events. As far as you seeing me there, you're out of your mind. Lance, you're the oldest child I've ever met. Please just stay off this forum, you embarrass yourself every time you come here.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 11:04:45 PM »
Here are the screen shots of the matching IP addresses. This shows all IP addresses which were used to log into both accounts.

(my insert here to separate the two entries).....movieman

I've never had the need to track anyone's ip address, so Travis could you explain the significance of the the entries you posted (numbers) and explain what each number means. I also notice one set has 4 sets of number and the other has two sets of numbers.  Thanks!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2013, 11:13:18 PM »
I see that when I am online and when I am looking at a post I made the following address showed up:

I am going to sign out then sign back in and see if the same address shows up.

The above number was displayed at 9:13 pm Pacific time.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 11:18:47 PM »
OK, I'm back on 5 minutes later and will check the number it shows now.

Then I'll come back in to this post and paste in the number it shows.

OK, I'm back in and editing this post. Here is the number after I exited and came back.

It is the same number as 10 minutes ago when I signed out completely.  If I understand this issue properly it means
that I have a static ip address, but it belongs to my carrier, not to me.  More research coming up for my own gratification if nothing else.

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2013, 05:57:12 PM »
I've never had the need to track anyone's ip address, so Travis could you explain the significance of the the entries you posted (numbers) and explain what each number means. I also notice one set has 4 sets of number and the other has two sets of numbers.  Thanks!

These are IP address the account holder has logged in from. Cell phone, lap top, home pc, work pc, etc.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2013, 11:14:21 AM »
I see that when I am online and when I am looking at a post I made the following address showed up:

That is your internet address, which is a close equivalent to your street address. It is a unique number assigned to your account by your internet provider. When a person posts here, the IP they posted from is logged. That same person can post from multiple locations, which will log the IP address of each of those locations, hence multiple IPs listed for on username here.

In doing a trace on the IP you posted, here is where it traces to, which should be your approximate location in the country.
ip-tracker.org/locator/ip-lookup.php?ip=75.62.243.104

xx
HTML Bug for Travis

Started by luke

3 Replies
Last post February 16, 2014, 01:03:36 PM
by luke
xx
Travis Mentions Mod.

Started by luke

4 Replies
Last post July 09, 2014, 11:18:01 AM