Storage Auctions

Amazon Rant

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
Amazon Rant
« on: August 23, 2011, 07:02:00 PM »
Just wanted to ***** a little about Amazon.  I started selling just last night.  I wanted to move some books for cheap, so I put them for sale cheap.  sold one for 1.50 and amazon took 2.57. WHAT????
they actually took money out of my shipping fund to pay themselves.  here is a copy and paste from my email.

Listing ID: 0822I74E8PJ
SKU: H1-SLP9-P6P3
Quantity: 1
Order date: 08/22/2011
Buyer's price: $1.50
Amazon commission: -$2.57
Shipping credit: $3.99
Your earnings: $2.92

There were 4 others like this.  Anyway, I will not be using amazon in the future.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon Rant
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 09:51:21 PM »
Just wanted to ***** a little about Amazon.  I started selling just last night.  I wanted to move some books for cheap, so I put them for sale cheap.  sold one for 1.50 and amazon took 2.57. WHAT????
they actually took money out of my shipping fund to pay themselves.  here is a copy and paste from my email.

Listing ID: 0822I74E8PJ
SKU: H1-SLP9-P6P3
Quantity: 1
Order date: 08/22/2011
Buyer's price: $1.50
Amazon commission: -$2.57
Shipping credit: $3.99
Your earnings: $2.92

There were 4 others like this.  Anyway, I will not be using amazon in the future.

A little advice when selling on Amazon, if you cant sell it for 4 dollars or more, do not list it. There is no way to make money on Amazon selling things cheap. Even though I wonder about the millions of people selling books for a penny.

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 08:59:47 AM »
I wrote to customer no service and am waiting for a reply.  I told them simply that i wasnt going to ship the books and that I would "cancel" these first 5 orders, but the rest is up to them to deal with.  I put them up on ebay instead.  maybe ebay will at least lube it up first.

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 01:20:47 PM »
Ouch - that really has to suck.  I know years ago when I was looking to sale some collectable items I looked at them.  At the time ebay was a way better deal.  Sounds like that is still the case.

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 01:51:44 PM »
I think ebay is a better deal for these low priced books aswell.  I received an email from a guy that had purchased 3 books of mine from amazon.  I told him that they wouldn't be shipped and to not bother paying, then I asked him which 3 they were and to look for them tonight on ebay.  win/win

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 03:25:17 PM »
I think ebay is a better deal for these low priced books aswell.  I received an email from a guy that had purchased 3 books of mine from amazon.  I told him that they wouldn't be shipped and to not bother paying, then I asked him which 3 they were and to look for them tonight on ebay.  win/win

how did he take that news?

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 09:38:30 PM »
how did he take that news?
he purchased the lot for 13 bucks and we avoided both outlets.  He just sent it to me via paypal.  We only lose 3% to paypal this way with out any other form of comission or fee.

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 10:58:40 PM »
Stop selling on Amazon over a year ago.

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 03:11:55 PM »
Word of caution.

Just because you feel Amazon is ripping you off now, you probably shouldn't burn this bridge.  I sold PC games on amazon and made a killing.

Also, Amazon may change in the future to lure sellers back to their site. 

Another thing, if you have a website, you can list stuff from amazon on your site and make a few dollars here and there. 

By cancelling, you are essentially trashing your account with them.  If anytime in the future, you decide to sell with them, you won't be able to.

I guess what I'm saying is, be careful about the bridges you burn. Personally, I would of eaten the loss, and delisted the rest of my inventory.  Chalk it up as lesson learned.

You may get yourself permabanned from buying or selling on that site. 

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 07:05:03 PM »
I think ebay is a better deal for these low priced books aswell. 

You're better off using half.com since they're geared for book sales. They are also an offshoot of eBay so your eBay account helps you out.

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 08:50:50 PM »
Stopped selling on Amazon long ago.Found ebay to be better.

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 10:32:21 PM »
You're better off using half.com since they're geared for book sales. They are also an offshoot of eBay so your eBay account helps you out.
Listed 46 books on half.com 38 days ago.  Listed them at the lowest price on the site and still haven't sold ONE.
Not much exposure on that site. 

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 06:23:33 PM »
I dunno.. I listed some old computer games on there and sold two of em within an hour of each other.. all this within a few days of listing em..

xx
What do you think about Amazon Prime Air?

Started by Travis

7 Replies
Last post December 06, 2013, 09:26:51 PM
by Travis
xx
Board for Amazon sellers?

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post June 27, 2014, 11:03:53 AM
by bakerben
xx
Amazon Drones Shot Down

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post June 27, 2014, 07:23:29 PM
by auctionguy
xx
Any other Amazon sellers on here? This may affect you!!!

Started by rulesforrebels

1 Replies
Last post March 14, 2011, 09:56:55 PM
by MovieMan