Storage Auctions

I can't stand selling on facebook anymore

I can't stand selling on facebook anymore
« on: August 25, 2014, 05:24:06 PM »
Facebook has helped me sell alot of items, but it has also caused me a lot of grief and headaches and wasted time with the flakes, cheapskates and the drama loving idiots out there. Anyway I am seriously thinking of abandoning facebook all together both for sellling and even my personal facebook profile.  I would love to use craigslist more, but unfortunately there is not really a craigslist site that covers my local area. I do use eBay but there are those items that are either to big/heavy or to inexpensive to hassle with listing and shipping. I have been thinking of creating my own local site to sell items and promote it with twitter and ads in the local classified paper(expensive) here that has a large following. On Facebook, I liked that people would be exposed to my items when they were not necessarily looking for that particular item, so in that way facebook helped, but it is also a timing thing if a person is looking for something you have specifically, good luck for them to find it if they did not get on the group page within an hour or so of posting it.

My question is: Is there another effective method any of you have discovered to getting you items for sale exposed to locals in your area?

Sorry to go on so long :73:

Re: I can't stand selling on facebook anymore
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 06:51:13 PM »
I'm with you on this one. When I first started with the Facebook selling pages it wasn't so bad. Now I have unfriended or blocked several of them because it is just unrelenting the posts. Most of them are for clothes and shoes.
I am still maintaining my personal sale facebook page. It has done well lately. It was hard at first to get people to like it but I found that offering some kind of contest to win something by having people like and share has increased the number of people on my page significantly.
The first of the year I started doing a local vendors market. It has been a huge success even though it is only held every other month. They allow all sorts of things to be sold and is more upscale than the local swap meet. I do have a store so this helps expose me to more clients that come in to see what else we have.

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
Re: I can't stand selling on facebook anymore
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 12:33:20 PM »
If you think facebook has flakes and headaches expect the same on craigslist. Also when you say you dont have a craigslist for your area craigslist doesn't list every city, most people post the closest large city and you'll find buyers. Also you'd be surprised by how many people will drive 3 hours for a $20 dresser

xx
Stand Alone Freezer

Started by Buy-Low-Sell-High

5 Replies
Last post February 12, 2012, 04:34:01 AM
by money4nothing
xx
If you can't stand the heat....

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post July 30, 2014, 09:03:20 PM
by bakerben
xx
None of the storage shows are even in the top 25 anymore.

Started by bwd111

2 Replies
Last post April 09, 2012, 12:46:40 PM
by bwd111
xx
I couldnt be anymore upset with myself.......

Started by Sasqwatch01

13 Replies
Last post October 25, 2011, 03:42:15 PM
by LoneStarAds.US