Storage Auctions

Salvation Army...A Large Facility

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Salvation Army...A Large Facility
« on: June 17, 2013, 06:46:17 PM »
Here are some pics and descriptions of a large Salvation Army facility which is north of San Francisco, CA in Healdsburg, Ca.  This is not just a store. It is one of their ARC (Adult Rehabilitation Center) operations. It has a large living facility for folks who have addiction problems. They live and work at the center. This one has a pretty nice "dorm"...see first pic.

The next pic is a wide shot of a series of large canopies. Later pictures to follow will get closer to the action.

In the picture below the cars shown are for sale.

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
Re: Salvation Army...A Large Facility
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 08:07:02 PM »
Dang.  Lot nicer than our SA ARC.
Ours is in industrial area right in the middle of drug central.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 09:42:18 PM »
Dang.  Lot nicer than our SA ARC.
Ours is in industrial area right in the middle of drug central.

The whole place has to be about 300 acres. On the longish road in from the frontage road I saw a building of about 1500 square feet that was the chapel.

I suspect it was a "ranch" of some kind and was probably donated to the Salvation Army.  Quite a few wineries, ranches, farms have big houses like that right on the working spreads. The large number of large outbuildings supports the former ranch idea as well.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 08:16:04 AM »
Here are a couple of more long shots to give you an idea of the scale of this place.

The first one shows the entry area on the far right. There is a blue canopy there where boxes of books are
available. The morning I was there half a dozen guys (most with bar-code readers on their phones) were checking out the possibilities for re-sellable books. 

The next two canopies (with open faces directed toward the camera) are blue bins of "stuff". I looked very quickly and there was not much going on there.

The long white canopies to the left in that picture are maybe 75 or more pieces of furniture...all particle board.

Picture below shows the full width of the wooden furniture area.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 10:05:16 AM »
The pictures above were taken from a parking lot pretty much on level with the big living quarters shown in pic one in post one above.
Facing 180 degrees away from the selling area shown above, the next two pics show a LARGE clothing barn, and even a place to eat.

I only poked my head in the door, but the clothing area shown above had to be 2,000 square feet of nothing but clothes on racks.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 09:14:14 AM »
Here's a shot of folks going through blue totes under four large (car sized) canopies. Anyone who has bought a
storage locker knows this can be a good or bad thing. At SA you can bet they've already gone through them and have put the goodies in the Sallies Attic store.

The picture below shows maybe 200 feet of furniture under cover (for the most part). I was surprised to see
it was ALL particle board. I also didn't see any solid wood furniture (in any quantity) in several of the actual buildings. Don't know what they do with it (or if it gets sold quickly) but it wasn't there. 

Will post last two pics tomorrow of couches, etc in yet another area.

xx
Salvation Army

Started by Mr Andersen

8 Replies
Last post June 23, 2011, 12:13:54 PM
by Mr Andersen
xx
So i didnt know the salvation army picks up donations.

Started by BigBizzz

6 Replies
Last post November 14, 2011, 06:50:18 AM
by craiglstauction
xx
Best way to get a large quantity of product?

Started by Shmoopy

15 Replies
Last post February 21, 2012, 12:52:49 AM
by Auctions in Action
xx
Large Lladro Figurine

Started by HomeGrownPromos

7 Replies
Last post September 20, 2013, 08:32:03 PM
by HomeGrownPromos