Storage Auctions

Notice of Policy Update: Nov2014

Offline Alias300

• View Profile
Notice of Policy Update: Nov2014
« on: September 27, 2014, 05:07:29 PM »
"And last but not least, you'll see some updates to our User Agreement that go into effect November 18, 2014. If you're interested in all the details, take a look at our Policy Updates Page. Here are the highlights:

• We're increasing the time for buyers to file merchandise disputes (Item Not Received and Significantly Not as Described) from 45 days to 180 days.
• We're extending buyer protection to include item not received claims for custom made products.
• Because PayPal Seller Protection and Buyer Protection policies may vary from country to country, we're adding language to clarify which country's policy applies when a seller makes a sale to a buyer outside of the U.S."
Six months to file a dispute?

Now, I haven't actually gone in to read the updates so maybe they have conditions, maybe not.   But six months is a long time. 

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
Re: Notice of Policy Update: Nov2014
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 11:38:05 AM »
I like the rule about no signatures until $700 or $750 now although I believe ebay still has the $250 rule so $750 would be off ebay transactions or sales off your website if you have one.

The six month thing is crazy, that is not a refund policy thats a damn warrenty at that point. I dont think that is at all fair to sellers, way to much time for someone to use something and return it when they got bored. I thought 45 days was excessive but 6 months is insane.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Notice of Policy Update: Nov2014
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 11:25:37 PM »
The six month thing is crazy, that is not a refund policy thats a damn warrenty at that point.

I knew this guy that abused CostCo's "no questions asked" return policy this way. He would buy a 2K laptop, return it 6 months later and then buy another one. He said he wanted to always have the latest and greatest computer, so he didn't feel bad doing it. 

xx
What IS the forum's policy on SPAM ?

Started by MovieMan

3 Replies
Last post March 17, 2011, 06:23:20 PM
by Travis
xx
Craigslist's Online Auction Policy

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post October 03, 2014, 08:43:05 PM
by bakerben
xx
U-Haul's Active Duty Military Policy

Started by Travis

2 Replies
Last post November 29, 2012, 03:22:12 PM
by Travis
xx
What is your flea market's policy on weather related closings and refunds?

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post June 04, 2011, 04:23:04 PM
by rollinradios