Storage Auctions

Garage sale score

Garage sale score
« on: January 05, 2012, 09:12:52 PM »
Wed. Jan 4 I was riding toward my house when I saw a garage sale sign.  I think you have to be crazy to do that in the middle of the week and temp. is in the 30s :o  So I had to check what they had and see if the prices were crazy too ???  Bought a cute made to look old trunk for $5 sold it today from my booth at Southern Pickers for $24.95 ;D  Bought a vintage childs desk for $5 needs work, but I think it will sell for at least $50 ::)  For $24 I bought a Martha Washington style Maghogany sewing cabinet 8)  It needs a little work, but my research shows they sell online for $95 to $525 :o  This garage sale picking is fun :D

Re: Garage sale score
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 11:04:53 PM »
This garage sale picking is fun :D

Hell, yeah, it is!!!

Nice score!

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 05:30:05 AM »
Good one to check out. The crazy time and the weather.  :D

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 06:14:42 PM »
Any yard/garage sales not on a Saturday, or some areas Friday means they really want to get rid of stuff.  Great finds there.

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 11:48:17 PM »
Awesome!

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 04:03:45 PM »
The worst part of living in the midwest....winter time and no garage sales!!!  Nothing beats an unadvertised sale!! I have learned not to go to any sales listed on Craigslist!

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 04:34:33 PM »
I have learned not to go to any sales listed on Craigslist!

I've done alright with CL listed sales. I think you have to pay attention to what they're listing and check any pics to get an idea if it's worth your time or not.

Last weekend, we hit a sale and picked up a few cool pieces. All vintage soda/beer stuff. Not big money-makers, but still good merch. The gentleman used to do resale, so a lot of his stuff was right up my alley. The cool thing is, he's only three blocks away, so I may knock on his door sometime.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 06:05:00 PM »
I've done alright with CL listed sales. I think you have to pay attention to what they're listing and check any pics to get an idea if it's worth your time or not.

I like the ones that say has to go then list there items and the prices are for a retail store. LOL

And the ones that don't give an address.

We do ok usually just gets us going in that direction and we stop at every sign we see. Sometimes don't even make it to the one we were going too. 
We have another online classified, started before CL came out. So that one is pretty good. Everyone in the area uses it.

xx
Garage sale / Yard sale

Started by Mr Andersen

3 Replies
Last post February 12, 2011, 09:37:10 PM
by Drew
xx
First Garage Sale

Started by Drew

2 Replies
Last post May 12, 2010, 07:38:03 PM
by Drew