Storage Auctions

Might buy hoarder house contents

Re: Might buy hoarder house contents
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2013, 02:17:34 PM »
Well were there any really big scores like Gold and Silver?  That would be a great find from the sound of it you must have 10,000 items to sell now.

Offline dbr831

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2013, 10:55:48 AM »
Amazingly little gold among the jewelry. I've done an initial sort of jewelry. There are about a dozen large rubbermade totes (I'm pretty sure I have about 300 lbs of jewelry) and seperated out all gold and silver. I do have a bunch of assorted silver jewelry, lots of Taxco Mexico stuff. Gold would have been better but silver is nice too. Lots of old costume jewelry which looks like it can be pretty valuable. I didn't really realize the value of bakelite initially so I am going back looking for that. Found one necklace just like one listed on EBAY for $2500 (didn't sell but still a good sign of potential value) Lots of named costume jewelry, Trifari, Sarah Coventry, Hobe...don't know much about it but doing research now. Found some weapons (WWII) some with certain logo's which will prevent sale on EBAY, Tons of old paintings and lithographs which again will require many hours of research. Tons of furniture some really nice and old...I could go on forever. No huge hits, tons and tons of $20, $50, $100 items so no doubt it will be profitable but doesn't look like we will strike it rich on any one item....never know though, we still have about 16 pallets stacked high with boxes to sort through. I tried to post a photo of the house before emptying it but my photos are too big. Will try again later.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2013, 01:13:47 PM »
Amazingly little gold among the jewelry.

Found some weapons (WWII) some with certain logo's which will prevent sale on EBAY,

Someone might have gone through the jewelry first.

As to the logos, if you're referring to swastikas you can sell them on eBay if they have a significant historical value and are not simply hate propaganda material.

Offline dbr831

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2013, 10:11:56 PM »
The jewelry was most definitely gone thru before we got it. The man that sold us the contents had already put it in the totes before we ever saw the place. I think he was finding it all over the house and organized it. We knew that before going into it so its all good.

As far as the swastikas go, just a couple of daggers, a medical officers knife and some stamps so far.

Spent several hours this evening going thru boxes, sorting into garage sale, goodwill, flea market, auction house, and listing items that can be sold on Ebay as we go. Didn't even make a dent. This is going to take forever. 

xx
Hoarder House Treasure

Started by mrsmith

3 Replies
Last post November 28, 2011, 07:27:07 AM
by mrsmith
xx
Anyone else buy an abandoned house contents ?

Started by MovieMan

1 Replies
Last post April 21, 2011, 12:56:28 PM
by MovieMan
xx
Private Auction on Whole House Contents - Coronado California

Started by VintageLady

18 Replies
Last post August 29, 2013, 08:31:39 AM
by dbr831
xx
Are YOU a hoarder?