Storage Auctions

Anyone near Lakeland, Florida??

Anyone near Lakeland, Florida??
« on: November 07, 2011, 09:48:42 PM »
Hey  all
I just bought my first unit and am ramping up to start buyin like crazy next week. Im hoping people near me could maybe help with some pointers...good auctioneers and the like, there seems to be enough units out there for everyone and I am more than willing to help people clean out units and such for just some good old advice....

Thanks!!!

Glenn

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone near Lakeland, Florida??
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 06:53:18 AM »
Yes we are a little close to Lakeland. You can get a lot of advise poking around on here. We found by our third auction with the regulars we were more accepted and got more of a feel for them and them to us. So I know who I can approach for advise or to purchase something they don't want. Be careful going all big guns buying up things.. may get bad advise.

So what did you buy this week?

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 09:30:23 PM »
Hello, I am from Lake Wales. Just moved back to Florida to pursue storage auctions here again. Bought my first one in Tampa in 1998. Things have sure changed, but the concept is the same. More people attending, but only a handful of buyers are buying. If anyone is looking to partner up, I may be interested, there are enough units for everyone. Best of Luck.

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 08:04:05 AM »
I am also near lakeland. Im in st. Pete. Hope everything goes great for you. I would suggest looking into legacy auction services. On time good people well ran. I like it. Also going to a caravan tomorrow with hammer down. See how it goes :)

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 08:39:30 AM »
Think Floydysims fell off.  ::)

Legacy is good at least in our extended area don't do locally for us.

Hammer down pretty good too. Does most of ours locally Kate is good. Only problem an auction site list auctions on CL and when you go to there site they list auction and a link to hammer downs, so crowds big. Actually think the link is gone but list there action company. 

With the extra crowds things start getting behind on the caravan. Last time we saw Kate she was not thrilled with the crowds she knew it was going to be a long day.

She is good at handling the crazy noobies too.

Why we have backed off some plus too much inventory right now.

Good luck.

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 09:11:15 AM »
Think Floydysims fell off.  ::)

Legacy is good at least in our extended area don't do locally for us.

Hammer down pretty good too. Does most of ours locally Kate is good. Only problem an auction site list auctions on CL and when you go to there site they list auction and a link to hammer downs, so crowds big. Actually think the link is gone but list there action company. 

With the extra crowds things start getting behind on the caravan. Last time we saw Kate she was not thrilled with the crowds she knew it was going to be a long day.

She is good at handling the crazy noobies too.

Why we have backed off some plus too much inventory right now.

Good luck.

Hammer down lists on craigslist? Haven't seen that. How do u search to even come across auctions on there. Haven't seen any tbh. Not that im looking really. Lol

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 09:51:50 AM »
Hammer down lists on craigslist? Haven't seen that. How do u search to even come across auctions on there. Haven't seen any tbh. Not that im looking really. Lol

Well, when in CL for your city (area) just type in "Storage Auctions" and see what pops up. Works for me in California.

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 10:13:17 AM »
Well, when in CL for your city (area) just type in "Storage Auctions" and see what pops up. Works for me in California.

Tried it. Lol.had about 7 postings tht had nothing to do with storage auctions and only one that did and I already knew about it and planned on going tomorrow anyways lol. Whatever. Haha I don't plan on using it to find them. Ill use credible services

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 10:57:18 AM »
Tried it. Lol.had about 7 postings tht had nothing to do with storage auctions and only one that did and I already knew about it and planned on going tomorrow anyways lol. Whatever. Haha I don't plan on using it to find them. Ill use credible services

The problem is not using Cl for finding auctions it is that noobies or somebody just going for fun, find them hence making the crowds larger.
Which usually means higher prices. And a longer day.

And I just put in auction. for the search  ;)

All I was saying.

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 11:26:59 AM »
The problem is not using Cl for finding auctions it is that noobies or somebody just going for fun, find them hence making the crowds larger.
Which usually means higher prices. And a longer day.

And I just put in auction. for the search  ;)

All I was saying.

Yea wasn't doubting that. That makes perfect sense. But its ok im still gunna go can't be worse than last Wednesday over 150 people and 67 bidders with through the roof prices lol

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 02:12:01 PM »
I can only imagine in your area. Sure it gets nuts.  It is just nuts to drive down there. LOL  ;)

Wasn't trying to discourage you just give you some info.

Heard of some north of you not to bad, haven't ventured to them.

Have fun and keep us posted on the crowds and prices.

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 02:18:08 PM »
I can only imagine in your area. Sure it gets nuts.  It is just nuts to drive down there. LOL  ;)

Wasn't trying to discourage you just give you some info.

Heard of some north of you not to bad, haven't ventured to them.

Have fun and keep us posted on the crowds and prices.

Only problem with me going more north or anywhere else for that matter is on Wednesday (my day off) there are always caravans in pinellas county. So besides the crowds there is no huge reason for me to travel because I always wait for quality prices regardless lol

xx
Might as well say hello @ Florida!

Started by SellsMoore

4 Replies
Last post May 01, 2011, 04:24:08 PM
by josepc
xx
new guy in florida

Started by Austin_Harrison

4 Replies
Last post March 05, 2012, 11:02:43 AM
by Austin_Harrison