Storage Auctions

Raleigh/Durham

Raleigh/Durham
« on: January 18, 2011, 06:26:54 PM »
Went to Auctions all day . About 35 units. What a waste of time. 80 to 100 people PAYING to remove TRASH. One good unit, went for $1100. Hope to go out again elsewhere Thursday. Hoping for less people and good units.

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
Re: Raleigh/Durham
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 07:41:13 PM »
good luck!!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 08:44:30 PM »
HOPE is a good thing !

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 10:13:35 PM »
1NC1,

Was this a weekday auction?  Seems like a ton of folks for a work day.  Just wondering.

Orlando

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 10:43:11 AM »
Ok it has been about a year now and have the desire to try this again. Looking for storage auctions in or near Moore County NC. Hopefully the crazies have left the auctions. Anyone from my area on here? other NC people?

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 12:10:16 PM »
I know some new people have registered and said they are from NC.  Don't remember the area or anything.  As for the crazy - it's worse now then it was mid-July last year.

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 11:14:21 PM »
I am a county next to you in Cumberland (Fayetteville). I cant speak about lockers from Moore, but I would imagine they're pretty nice units being around all those golfing/country club towns.

PS: Dont think about coming down here slick. We will eat you ALIVE.

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 05:40:27 AM »
I am a county next to you in Cumberland (Fayetteville). I cant speak about lockers from Moore, but I would imagine they're pretty nice units being around all those golfing/country club towns.

PS: Dont think about coming down here slick. We will eat you ALIVE.

LOL..I've spent a lot of time in Fayetteville and Hope Mills...Going to be getting back next month....Ive gotten a few very nice things from Southern Pines and Aberdeen...Moore county, Moore Money.lol

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 06:31:25 AM »
No idea of the auction scene up there. My Dad lives in Southern Pines, says he has gotten some good deals at estate sales (of course not for resale).

May have to hit you guys up for some favours in the future.  ;)

My sister has oh I don't know how many storage buildings, she struggles with the payments. Long story, nasty divorce, lost everything (house, land ect) took everything she could out of the house. Was married for 20 years, no kids. So a lot of stuff not worth the storage.(worth something but not 3 years of storage) It was a mental thing. She is currently in Main, snowed in until summer. LOL  There for her medical issues (declared insane by the government). She is Bi Polar. I call her an artist which she is. Doing really well in Main.

Anyway told her when she is ready to empty the storage or at least down size I will help. Trying to get connections here.  ;D. She lived in Graham, NC  sure the storage facility is not to far from there.

Just thought I would put a feeler out for you NC folks. I have already set the seed in her, that she may just have to sell in lots, to get rid of it. Because trying to sell by other means takes to much time, and connections.
Oh yeah I lived in Scotland County as a kid.  ;)

Good luck to you guys/gals.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 04:17:29 AM »
Did not mean to kill the topic.

;)  8)  :-X

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 06:42:54 AM »
no worries. Graham is a little out of my reach.  I am about 2 hours away. It would have to be a major sale for me to go that far.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 03:50:11 PM »
no worries. Graham is a little out of my reach.  I am about 2 hours away. It would have to be a major sale for me to go that far.

Thanks that is why threw it out there. Will take some time for it to happen anyway.  Maybe just some leads on where to sell. If and when it happens I will post a distress call to all the NC folks.  ;D

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 09:17:54 PM »
I'm in wake county, ya know, RDU. I've only been to two auctions and seen only 5 units but hoooly **** do they go for too much money. It really sucks to try to get into this business with these kinds of results. Ugh.

Offline money4nothing

• I'm hidding
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 10:06:25 AM »
I'm in wake county, ya know, RDU. I've only been to two auctions and seen only 5 units but hoooly **** do they go for too much money. It really sucks to try to get into this business with these kinds of results. Ugh.

You are doing fine, we went to about five different auctions and our 1st locker we got for $30. Had three cut locks in it. LOL Obviously kept saving it. then finally lost it. it was full of bags of clothes. We needed it for a yard sale of our personal stuff. We been moving slowly but surly. Keep going you learn a lot.  :D

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 10:15:02 AM »
You are doing fine, we went to about five different auctions and our 1st locker we got for $30. Had three cut locks in it. LOL Obviously kept saving it. then finally lost it. it was full of bags of clothes. We needed it for a yard sale of our personal stuff. We been moving slowly but surly. Keep going you learn a lot.  :D

And for anyone who hasn't gotten this info in other threads....seeing 3 cut locks tells you they saved the lkr two times and ALSO had those times to get in there and take out any things of value. It has to look pretty good to me to take a chance on it when I see 3 cut locks (or even two). On the other hand if you get it cheap and get some quantity it could still pay off one way or the other.

xx
Hello from Raleigh North Carolina!

Started by Shmoopy

6 Replies
Last post January 19, 2012, 10:51:42 AM
by 1NC1