Storage Auctions

Auction Hunters new season starting !

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Auction Hunters new season starting !
« on: April 03, 2011, 11:20:03 PM »
Love them or hate them, watch them or not.....they're back !

New season for the dynamic duo starts Tuesday, April 5, 2011 on Spike.

I wonder if an Atari 2600 is still selling for $250 ! ?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
Re: Auction Hunters new season starting !
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 04:18:33 AM »
Isn't the premiere supposed to be in Miami?  I'm sure they will ambiguously buy a locker full of Miami Vice memorabilia worth a fortune. What ever happened to Tubbs anyway?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 08:08:51 AM »
The promo mentioned a number of cities (or states)....looks like they are going to same areas as Storage Wars.

The movie memorabilia would be a perfect example of what (I'm sure) ALL the Miami lkrs are containing. That and drug money, guns and numerous Little Rascal scooters, boxes of unused Ben Gay, and other elder products; might be a Menorah in there too.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 09:13:34 PM »
Miami....

First 10 minutes looks promising for Allen and Ton....what a surprise...NASA collectibles and some kind of vehicle they got in a container for about $2K.

Will edit during next commercial break.

Wow...more commercials than content: The guys got a hovercraft and in last 10 minutes will try it out. Looks like the NASA collectibles might not be a winner.

The guys are slipping; they only made a little over $7600 profit !  ???

Next half hour...they find a quad and a derringer. Gee, just like the ones I got just yesterday (in my dreams).

Yep....they did well again making around $3500 profit I think. Storage Wars is looking better all the time !

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 10:28:29 PM »
A rare Quad, a hovercraft & on next weeks show a mini boat....and they all are in working condition.....looks like the show's prop guys have been working overtime looking for new items to put in lockers. What's next, the original Ferrari Testarosa used in Miami Vice with Tubbs still in it? Or perhaps pirate's treasure.

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 07:40:41 AM »
Absolutely the show is a load of crap. Any semblance of reality just flew out the roll up door even with their disclaimer at the beginning of each show. They travel across country (in that old beat up box truck -aaa bull****) and then of the three lockers being sold, they buy two and there is hot **** in both of them. At least storeage wars is showing some reality in some less than winning lockers. All this is going to do is get the newbie lookey loos all excited about spending 500 of income tax refund and making 5000 on one locker. Total friggan crap and nothing but Hollywood bull**** called entertainment (yeah right).

Offline Travis

• View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 09:15:43 AM »
It's not the income tax you need to worry about, it's the government checks.  :o

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 07:26:07 PM »
Seriously who doesn't pay the storage bill for their hovercraft????? and the way it was covered with that tarp and miscellaneous boxes of junk... definite headscratcher. But hey it's entertaining and I will definitely watch every episode this season.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 09:02:39 AM »
Seriously who doesn't pay the storage bill for their hovercraft????? and the way it was covered with that tarp and miscellaneous boxes of junk... definite headscratcher. But hey it's entertaining and I will definitely watch every episode this season.

The more I think about the hovercraft and quad episdoe the more discouraged I am about this series. I used to like it better than Storage Wars, but now it's the other way around.  Just TOO, TOO good to be true. BUT, I will continue to watch just to learn about items (even with inflated values) and to be able to complain about how unrealistic the show is.  ::)

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 09:23:11 PM »
Tuesday, April 12, 2011...

The adventure continues...I mean....the setup continues.

Tonight the dynamic duo got 2 of 4 lkrs (the other two were crap). Both lkrs were true winners and
any one of us would have been happy to get 1 of them out of 50 we bought, but not these guys. Two for two and they
are double-deluxe.

This show's gotta go....I'm not sure even a NEWBIE would believe this overload.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 11:48:41 AM »
Just saw a preview of the Tuesday, April 19, 2011 episode coming up.

Ft. Lauderdale, Fl is the site and apparently the guys run up against a "pro" buyer....hope that guy beats them out on a couple.

They apparently get one with gambling equipment in it....naturally, for some reason, it is worth $7K.

This show continues to disappoint, but I'll continue to watch on the off chance they start getting realistic. :P

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 08:59:30 PM »
Ft Lauderdale opens in a couple of minutes....will give the blow by blow (without too much detail for those who want to watch it another day).....

You know when you take out the minutes for the commericals and other show promos a 30" program only ends up being about 21" of content. Tonight we see what a Florida "pro" looks like...hope he beats the two guys  on at least one lkr!

-----

We'll walk by the unit single file....don't stop and gawk! (OK, 10 seconds to size it up !)

First unit went for $250. One down 5 to go.

G-Mar jumps it from $1k to $2500 !   That's a first....wonder if he'll make any dough. He gets the 2nd one too!

Lkr 3....G-Mar, you the man !

Lkr 4....G-Mar...holy cow !

Lkr 5....

Good grief...they value an army ammo box at $50. Lucky to get $10 in my area at the flea...usually more like $5 to $8.

Spear gun, wooden horse, sold big furn for some good bucks and no lifting on their part. Still they spent a lot for the lkr to beat G-Mar.

Horse value...they might have been close on this one!

Old gambling device...pretty nice !
Disco Fever...pinball machine (1978)....Looked nice...better than the one I got a few years ago which sold for $200 (didn't light up).

Rest of show dedicated to selling the booty!

Offline terry

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 09:28:29 PM »
how long before we see some of this stuff on pawn stars. already seen the breath tester there. I guess some props aren't that cheap

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 09:45:38 PM »
The auctioneer on the last 2 auction hunters is one I have seen at several auctions in the Atlanta Area. Legacy auctions was his company. He made us do the single file constantly walking line past the door of the unit just like they did on the show, and he very quickly started and ended his auctions. Before I really knew what was going on the unit was already sold... crazy fast. I guess you have to know your auctioneer.

Offline terry

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 10:02:42 PM »
thought I had seen that guy before. I'm in atl also. but I like the way he does auctions. He calls it the texas style line up and walk by. I you want to see it again get back in line. And like they say the last bid is the only one that counts. With the big crowds that's the only way to go.

xx
Auction Hunters Season 3

Started by craiglstauction

15 Replies
Last post October 06, 2011, 09:25:42 PM
by Roadvirus
xx
Auction Hunters Returns for Season 5

Started by Travis

8 Replies
Last post October 13, 2014, 11:39:46 AM
by Travis