Storage Auctions

Auction Hunters....Summer, 2011....Starts

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Auction Hunters....Summer, 2011....Starts
« on: July 08, 2011, 07:38:05 PM »
...on July 19, 2011 just one day before Storage Wars.

Great, here we go again breeding NEW generation of NEWBIES !

Here's a link to an article about the dynamic duo.

http://tv.broadwayworld.com/article/Spikes-Auction-Hunters-Returns-with-New-Episodes-on-719-20110707

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Auction Hunters....Summer, 2011....Starts
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 09:42:24 PM »
Well, it's July 19 and I just watched the Ontario, CA episode where the boys buy a big blue item that moves like a bat out of hell....I got one just like it last week....wait, that was a dream I had !

As usual the guys score big time with some old cameras in one and the big blue machine in the other.

The blue item unbelieveable (IMHO) but what do I know !

Now the next 1/2 hour is in MA. Will come back and update after it's over.

I was on the computer while this show was on and didn't pay much attention. They didn't actually GET a TANK, but they got to drive one !  Reconfirms that I have more interest in Storage Wars than AH. Storage Wars summer season start Wednesday, July 20....tomorrow !

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 10:50:51 PM »
I loved when allan said "dude this came from a storage unit!!!!". Hope I can say that one day

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 12:24:07 AM »
Looking more forward to storage wars.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 01:11:34 AM »
You know, I liked that plane, that was bad ass, I actually want one now, although I dont know if I would pay thousands of dollars for one. And if I ever did get one in a unit, I probable sell it to make my money, lol.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 09:19:17 PM »
Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The boys buy 2 out of 3 lkrs in Boston.......no, the flags they find are NOT old.....guess the producers couldn't find a museum to loan those out.

They get a gun...an unusual one to boot...they always like to fire them of course.

Bicycle...rarest of the rare with one part going for big bucks.

Show continues to lose appeal, unfortunately the newbies will be out in our neck of the woods looking for those gems !

Preview of next week shows them in an industrial section of southern CA. Auctioneer said they started with 9 lkrs and are down to one. Guess who gets it.

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 10:15:31 PM »
I'm surprised they don't market a special rabbits foot that they take to all the auctions.Yours for only $19.99.

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 01:26:14 AM »
I'm surprised they don't market a special rabbits foot that they take to all the auctions.Yours for only $19.99.

Great idea Monkey, I will be marketing this 4'X8' sign in the coming months....

DIRECTIONS: Arrive early and wait for auctioneer to enter facility. Post your sign near the entrance and enjoy a nice quiet day of bidding.

Disclaimer: The use of this product may result in civil law suit and/or jail time.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 09:39:05 PM »
Missed the "Industrial LA" episode last week, but getting ready to watch it now in reruns. Will come back here and post some thoughts when it's done. (Tuesday, August 9, 2011)

Hey, I know three guys who got Bobcats in the first year they were buying lkrs ! Oh wait.....that's a lie.

A foreign military helmet....gotta be a gun in there too. I guess we'll find out after the commercial.

I'll give the two of them credit though. In one episode I  actually heard Allen say "80% of the lkrs we get are duds."
Be nice if they actually showed them getting a dud sometime instead of hitting it big or "salting" the good lkrs with finds they got somewhere else.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 09:50:26 PM »
Tuesday, August 9, 2011...new episode in Dallas, TX.

The usual big finds.

I found one of those turbo jet engines too and sold if for the scrap metal value.  ::)

Saddles? I once got three in the garage of a whole household I bought. They went well, but were all in the $250 each area....not $2500 like the guys get.

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 12:07:46 PM »
Hey, new here. Caught the episode where they find a turbine engine from a cruise missile. Somehoe, they're able to locate an expert that can identify it, I say I recognize this guy from somewhere, sure enough, he didn't mention had his own reality show a few years back on teh Science Channel Terry Broads from Master Blasters. A show about rocketry.

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 09:52:59 PM »
Can't stand these guys honestly

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 10:51:28 PM »
Dude its time we get other real jobs.

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 09:55:05 PM »
Movieman - I was at the auction in Boston where the AH guys "found" the whale gun. There were 7 units up for sale and they bought 3. I guess the 3rd one wasn't worthy of inclusion in the show. I looked into all those units and I am virtually certain there was no bicycle in the unit where they allegedly found it. And, the unit with the gun was a very creepy, large unit filled with only boxes and plastic bags.

They probably got the guy who "buys" the gun  from them to supply the gun for the "find."

Do the producers of this show actually think people believe they have these unbelievable finds every time? Even the AH guys say only 20% of the lockers are good lockers.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 11:04:21 PM »
Movieman - I was at the auction in Boston where the AH guys "found" the whale gun.

Do the producers of this show actually think people believe they have these unbelievable finds every time? Even the AH guys say only 20% of the lockers are good lockers.

Good to hear from someone who was there and thanks for your info and impressions. Sounds right to me.

I have been gone for 10 days so missed last weeks episode but caught 15 minutes of it tonight (Tuesday the 23rd, Aug, 2011 and the new episode tonight.

They scored again as usual on both shows; artwork....what are the chances? Anyone else here find something that great from the art world?

The little "knuckleduster" gun? Give me a break. In the first season they found a gun a week!

A first though, the producers actually showed a locker that was a complete bust .............. one a week (busted) would be good.....and realistic.

Oh well, let the newbies keep on buying  based on these shows...time will tell the true story.

xx
Storage Wars....Summer, 2011...starts.....

Started by MovieMan

34 Replies
Last post September 01, 2011, 02:47:33 PM
by BigBizzz
xx
Auction Hunters Summer Season, 2011

Started by MovieMan

6 Replies
Last post August 30, 2011, 11:35:12 PM
by Bandit
xx
Auction Hunters in Texas, May 2011