Storage Auctions

Dave Hester Auctions Coming to Central/Northern California?

Offline Leota

• View Profile
    • Donna's Resale Attic
Dave Hester Auctions Coming to Central/Northern California?
« on: September 16, 2013, 07:50:45 PM »
Came across this little shocker (for us at least) while looking at Estate sales. Was surprised when I saw that Armor Storage was going through Estate Sales, but even more when I saw who the auctioneer will now be. estatesales.net/estate-sales/502302.aspx ..Wasn't sure where to post this  :-[

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Dave Hester Auctions Coming to Central/Northern California?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 09:25:09 PM »
Wasn't sure where to post this

Perhaps we should add a whiners forum. :)

Offline Leota

• View Profile
    • Donna's Resale Attic
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 11:01:15 PM »
I spoke with the original auctioneer and he said this is only a one time thing from what they told him. They are having cameras and all that at this facility that day. I can't wait to see what is in the units since most of the time it's pretty much garbage. All kinds of stories about this particular facility and their owners and the fact that they are power sellers on eBay.  LOL So I am thinking it might be a little bit staged and seeded.   :D

Offline ncali

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 07:58:27 PM »
 8)  call us at 1-855-HEY-DAVE  8)

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 08:01:45 PM »
 I just ran across this subject matter about Dave coming to Northern Cali, and while I'm not one to judge someone too hastily,.. I find it interesting that the user "Leota" is or was located in Ft Worth TX, but felt the need to reach out to the original auctioneer about this situation??  I'm more disturbed that Leota would say "I can't wait to see what is in the units since most of the time it's pretty much garbage. All kinds of stories about this particular facility and their owners and the fact that they are power sellers on eBay.  LOL So I am thinking it might be a little bit staged and seeded." 

I wonder if this person "Leota" has ever been to this particular facility?  If so, I'm wondering "where" exactly they get their info and what are these supposed stories about this particular facility?  Please do tell.  I may be new to this website, but I've been around auctions and the industry a LONG time.    Long enough know what's what...and to do some checking ... fact is there is not "owners"....only an "Owner",...who is a fairly high profile big wig attorney in L.A., and has no interest in, time or concern of ebay... there's NOBODY working with that facility that is selling on ebay, and for sure no "power sellers".  A complete falsehood.  Also I found that facility is an independent firm, not run by a big corporation (hence the single owner in L.A.), and this facility does not have any of the horror stories that seem to run rampant in the industry as a whole.  Upon investigation, I found that the Armor facility has one of the highest reputations in the industry period, and being known as a leader in new and cutting edge ways to bring public attention to the storage industry, and very involved in the community.  I find that they have won "the Best Of" award for their city many years in a row now and were just awarded the "Small Business of the Year" from the California Senate.  I also found that the local fire dept, as well as sheriff and police also store their items there.  They are a completely open and transparent people about their business with nothing to hide from anybody, and they most definitely do NOT seed or stage anything. II say this to anybody bidding on units...IF you are an adult and a mature auction bidder, you need to know what you are getting into and hopefully not setting your expectations too high based on a silly TV show or stories passed around at parties, bars or just plain hearsay rumors between other bidders standing around either before or after an auction.  I know...I've heard it all,...and while it is true that you may find items that are not the greatest or are even so called "garbage" in some units, this is true at ANY auction at ANY storage facility.  Storage facilities have no control over what is stored and what is left behind when the tenant chooses not to pay anymore.  Wouldn't you assume that there's a reason why some people walk away from their units....they sometimes just don't care what's left in them.  People need to quit believing everything on TV and realize that there is NOT gold and valuable items for resale in every unit.  You win some,...you lose some.

I just think it was VERY unfair for Leota to say such a thing about that facility and then also somehow tie it into the fact that Dave Hester just happens to be doing an auction for them. And I also found it was Dave personally who posted the auctions on the Estate Sale websites and categories,...not Armor.  Either way...Not a Big deal.  You advertise where ever you think you can reach the people.  Dave is just another auctioneer.  Personally I hope it goes well for all involved.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 09:12:30 PM »
I just ran across this subject matter about Dave coming to Northern Cali.....

What I find interesting is that you are reviving this thread one month after it started and TWO DAYS before the auction being discussed.

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 09:55:25 PM »
I started reading that long winded response and got bored quickly and stopped reading.  Maybe it was because I had the Monday Night game on?  No, just boring and a waste of a read.......

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 11:09:45 PM »
Yes, "MovieMan"...I wish that I had found this thread 2 months ago when it was first posted, but I did not.  I would have posted back then.  I wasn't trying to "revive" anything.  I was simply searching the internet for upcoming auctions and ran across it, and wanted to add my 2 cents.  Thought that's what these boards were for.  The fact that it's now 2 days before that auction,...timing...coincidence..it is what it is. 
And "quitafind"  if you found it a "boring and a waste of a read",...then it only serves to prove my point...people only care about rumors and hearsay.... a thought out and truthful informative response is not appreciated by people who could careless and only like to find fault.  I guess I should have kept it short and dumbed it down for everyone.  The truth is still the truth whether people like it or not.  Good luck to everyone in their hunt for the "Golden Locker"!

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 11:21:13 PM »
... I was simply searching the internet for upcoming auctions and ran across it, and wanted to add my 2 cents.  Thought that's what these boards were for.  The fact that it's now 2 days before that auction,...timing...coincidence..it is what it is. 

"StandingForTruth"....you are welcome to add your two cents and each of us here (including Leota) will take it for what we think it is worth.

Here's something to think about too:

co·in·ci·dence

/kōˈinsədəns,-ˌdens/

noun

"A remarkable concurrence of events or circumstances without apparent causal connection."

They happen sometimes, but I've never been a big fan of coincidences.  ;D

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 11:29:06 PM »
I gave your post a second chance and started reading it again tonight, this time without any other media on in the background.  I lost interest after about 20 seconds and came to the realization that I was daydreaming about a future vacation.  Best of luck to you as well.

xx
Dave Hester Auctions

Started by MovieMan

31 Replies
Last post January 09, 2013, 08:58:10 AM
by Travis
xx
Where in Central California...

Started by Leota

2 Replies
Last post February 02, 2012, 07:13:08 PM
by Leota