• Old man having a ball!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dave Hester Sues Storage Wars
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2012, 02:29:02 PM »
I had thought that might be a problem :P after the first show aired

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2012, 02:43:31 AM »
I have been where storage wars was being shot, three times in 2012. I saw the show characters buy about 20-24 lockers collectively. Only 2 of those made it onto the show. So they appear to be showing something like the best out of ten or twelve.

I bought 50 lockers in 2012. My best  4 or 5 were show worthy. So if they are staging it, I wonder why? Why shoot 10+ times what you need when you could cover your "story" with far less. Why stage it when someone whose locker was purchased could step forward and state that those items were not in my locker?

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2012, 09:49:48 AM »
Yeah, I agree. Storage Wars was always the most realistic of the storage auction reality shows. And truth be told, some of the things they have appraised aren't that valuable. Perhaps the units were just salted if nothing of value turned up during the excavation. I can see them planting things here and there for ratings ... like the Elvis newspapers.

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2012, 05:10:59 PM »
The Storage Wars characters seem to value their finds on the high side of retail. Their "experts" value items at specialty shop or fine gallery prices up to :-\ dream on or something like it.

One episode's appraisal made me laugh so hard I almost sneezed my beverage. That was the one where they took a couple of items to a tribal arts expert. One item he correctly identified, the other stumped him. He thought it was Indonesian but added that it seemed to have elements from different tribes. He gave it a value of $500.

I happen to have imported containers of furniture and handicrafts from Indonesia. I know exactly where that novelty item is made. I can buy as many as I want for $11 each. I sold mine for $67.50 each.

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 11:02:29 AM »

So why is he suing? For mental anguish?

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2013, 01:25:47 PM »
So why is he suing? For mental anguish?

in a nutshell his contract got picked up for next season , he complained about things being fake and they fired him

hes out about 750,000 usd for the season

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 10:36:17 AM »
Until he sues and gets all the money for his loss

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 03:05:04 PM »
 8)An amazing example of marketing!!  If someone goes back far enuff, you may be surprised to see that a "D Hester"  was one of the original organizers.   :)

According to RadarOnline.com (tabloid), Dave Hester is suing Storage Wars. The suit contains numerous claims, including that the network and producers regularly “salt” lockers with valuable items to add drama to the show, rig the bidding and even paid for a female cast member’s plastic surgery to add sex appeal!  It also claims that Interviews with cast members are scripted and scenes of biding are faked to the extent that there are no auctions taking place while cast members and members of the public are shown bidding. Dave Hester says that cast members confronted executives at an in-person meeting this year and expressed their concern over the show being rigged.

Other charges include:

Producers staged entire units and enlisted the cooperation of owners of storage facilities to do so.
    The show pays for storage lockers for “weaker” cast members as part of the manipulation
    The show plants items in lockers after having them appraised weeks in advance
    The show obtains items to be placed in the units from a business regularly featured on air

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, 01:45:02 PM »
i never liked him what a whiny little b. i also think its kinda lame he's happy to have the publicity for himself nad his business, he got paid handsomely for being on the show. he was happy t be on a "fake show" and sell merchandise and then he gets mad at them and wants to "out them". what a whiny little baby

xx
Are you glad Dave Hester is back on Storage Wars?

Started by Travis

6 Replies
Last post August 14, 2014, 12:16:37 AM
by Travis
xx
Dave Hester says Storage Wars producers paid for these !

Started by MovieMan

2 Replies
Last post December 11, 2012, 04:06:42 PM
by Travis
xx
Storage Wars Dave Hester's Auction House

Started by Sidewinder

9 Replies
Last post September 27, 2011, 12:23:41 AM
by AuctionOne
xx
Dave Hester Wants To Start His Own Storage Auction Company !

Started by MovieMan

11 Replies
Last post May 11, 2013, 11:05:11 PM
by HomeGrownPromos