Dave Hester To Pay Legal Costs To His Opponents

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Dave Hester To Pay Legal Costs To His Opponents
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 09:33:50 AM »
Feels like Deja Vu from July 14th.

Kind of like your recent thread start....How far would you drive ?   ;D

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 09:38:36 AM »
Kind of like your recent thread start....How far would you drive ?   ;D

Something like that. But my "How far would you drive?" had a twist.

My question wasn't about how far you would be willing to drive to go to an auction but rather how far you would be willing to drive to pick up a unit you won at an online auction.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 09:48:43 AM »
Something like that. But my "How far would you drive?" had a twist.

My question wasn't about how far you would be willing to drive to go to an auction but rather how far you would be willing to drive to pick up a unit you won at an online auction.

Oh, that makes ALL the difference in the world, and it certainly outranks "How old do you think Barry is?"

I'll refrain from starting a thread entitled" "How old do you think "?" is?"

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 10:15:37 AM »
Easy come ease go

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 11:07:36 AM »
The main problem I see with the cast of Storage Wars demanding more money is they are expendable. Think of Survivor, there's a new cast every season. Storage wars isn't like the show "Friends" where the public builds up an affection for the stars and allows the stars to demand more money each year. I feel the main draw for Storage Wars is the treasure hunting aspect of the show. What treasures do these storage units hold? While the characters are entertaining, if they were replaced by other characters every season, or very show for that matter, I would not be upset and would still watch the show.  The stars of the show should work on ways to use there fame to make money, rather then demand more money for being on the show. Take Dave Hester for example, I'm sure a lot more people visit his thrift store now that he's been on the show than before, and he was selling his T-shirts as well. That's how to leverage your fame to make money, demanding huge salary increases for being on the show, will just give the producers incentive to drop you and get some other goofy character to fill your spot on the show. then your 15 minutes of fame will be over and it's back to the daily grind. It's unlikely storage wars will be making any new stars that Hollywood would take notice of, for a movie deal.

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 11:33:32 AM »
The main problem I see with the cast of Storage Wars demanding more money is they are expendable. Think of Survivor, there's a new cast every season. Storage wars isn't like the show "Friends" where the public builds up an affection for the stars and allows the stars to demand more money each year.

I disagree. I think that people do root for their favorites, follow them on twitter and facebook. There are so many ways to get involved with a reality TV show that takes it beyond the show. If you want to follow Jarrod and Brandi or Barry or Ricky and Bubba, etc. etc. etc. You can see what they're up to outside of the show because they all legitimately have businesses outside of the TV show.

So I would argue that people get even closer to the characters than a typical sitcom. With each departure of cast, I would think that the show loses a segment of their viewers after a couple of weeks. To use the original show as an example, Rene and Ivy are no replacement for Dave Hester. I would imagine that the ratings hit the show is seeing is based upon the fact, at least partly, that Dave isn't there. Once the public sees that Barry isn't coming back, that show might end up dying.

I think Texas has done the best job of replacing cast member(s). Moe's out, he was eccentric but boring. To me Ricky and Bubba hold the show together. Once they go, if they go, that show is done.

New York has the most solid cast.. I think that each buyer, or team of buyers, holds their own with the fans. It'll be interesting to see what happens when the cast starts changing there..

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2013, 12:16:29 PM »
New York has the most solid cast.. I think that each buyer, or team of buyers, holds their own with the fans. It'll be interesting to see what happens when the cast starts changing there.

Hopefully "Big Steve" is the first to go. He's just as obnoxious as Hester was, and I sure don't miss him. I gave a big ata boy to the auctioneer when he wouldn't take Steve's bid after he was warned about banging the walls, but did it anyway.

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 12:27:27 PM »
I don't even count Big Steve as a part of the cast, even though he's been on quite a few shows in a row. I don't "like" him either, but he's a good agitator.. I understand why he's there. Mike, I think, was cast to be that agitator, but he's too much of a sweetheart to really piss anyone off. I was glad to see John Luke ban him from that auction. Wish more auctioneers locally did that.

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2013, 03:42:48 PM »
Mike, I think, was cast to be that agitator, but he's too much of a sweetheart to really piss anyone off.

Don't be too sure, after all he did take the girls bikes, throw them in the back of his truck, and then drive away. LMAO over that one. :)

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 09:50:47 AM »
Since the show is fake he should pay in fake money.

xx
Hester has to pay A&E's legal bills totalling $122,692

Started by Travis

5 Replies
Last post July 15, 2013, 08:33:55 PM
by ncali
xx
Should Dave Hester Go?

Started by alloro

3 Replies
Last post August 08, 2012, 11:00:16 PM
by zeeann