Storage Auctions

Dave Hester Wants To Start His Own Storage Auction Company !

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Yep, according to the source below Dave wants to start a company like Dan Dotson and all the other regional and local auctioneers we buy from.

This is according to RyanD to used to work for JohnC who is an auctioneer in central California. Ryan worked for John for 18 years before quitting in April, 2013.

Ryan talked to Hester at a recent storage facility manager’s convention.

According to Ryan, Hester isn’t having much luck so far in recruiting funding, storage facilities, etc, but that doesn’t mean he’s giving up.

Be interesting to see if Hester can come through with a working model. He does have experience in buying, selling and even having an auction house, plus he is very well known, so now if he can just pull it together, he MIGHT be a person to watch out for.  ;D

Offline alloro

• View Profile
Re: Dave Hester Wants To Start His Own Storage Auction Company !
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 09:02:31 PM »
According to Ryan, Hester isn’t having much luck so far in recruiting funding

Gee, I guess he didn't really have all that money he bragged of being able to buy everyone over 10 times with.

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 11:04:05 PM »
The more he pushes and lingers, the more pathetic he looks..

Offline ncali

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 12:10:16 AM »
The more he pushes and lingers, the more pathetic he looks..

I am surprised that he hasnt shown up at an auction when they are taping the show, just to be a pain in the a$$

Offline alloro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 11:09:44 AM »
I am surprised that he hasnt shown up at an auction

Maybe he has and they've edited him out.

Offline Charli

• Writer
    • View Profile
    • iBid4storage
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 11:20:33 AM »
When Dave had his thrift store they filmed that he was holding auctions there. Not many people, but that was months ago before he was fired. He had put that into play on film a time back.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 01:07:04 PM »
When Dave had his thrift store they filmed that he was holding auctions there. Not many people, but that was months ago before he was fired. He had put that into play on film a time back.

I think the auction house to which you refer was for selling individuals items. The type of auction business I am referring to is where an auctioneer shows up at a storage facility and auctions off liened storage units. That would be a NEW endeavor for him.

If he ever got it going he could start a competition with Storage Wars on TV with Dave Hester as either the featured auctioneer or in some other capacity. Maybe they would call it "The REAL Storage Wars".  ;D

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 01:33:55 PM »
Maybe he has and they've edited him out.

Or not shot footage of him at all. I doubt either one of them wants anything to do with the other and I imagine A&E and the production company probably have some provisions built into a settlement that he NOT show up at auctions where filming is taking place.

Even though it's a public auction, if some kind of legal document is in force, he would be foolish to go against it.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 02:12:39 PM »
So, I take it Dave is going to apply for his auctioneer's license. Do you have to have certain training/education to become an auctioneer in California?

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 03:19:38 PM »
So, I take it Dave is going to apply for his auctioneer's license. Do you have to have certain training/education to become an auctioneer in California?

You have to go to the Acme School of Auctioneering. Be sure to go through the correct door when you get there; don't get it confused with the Acme Safe & Anvil Company and if you see a Wiley looking coyote and a "meep, meep" roadrunner be sure to stand aside. Whether you want to look UP or not is up to you.

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2013, 08:27:39 AM »
And never mind the third door, it's walled off. That's Acme Brick's corporate headquarters.  ::)

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2013, 11:05:11 PM »
I think he would be a terrible auctioneer. Say what you want about Dotson, but his cadence is one of the best.. Comparing to the guys around here, of course. Around these parts, there's an auctioneer who uses "homina" as in homina homina homina as part of his cadence.. I think he's saying "How many." but it comes out homina because of his NC country accent.

xx
Storage Wars Dave Hester's Auction House

Started by Sidewinder

9 Replies
Last post September 27, 2011, 12:23:41 AM
by AuctionOne
xx
Dave Hester Sues Storage Wars

Started by Travis

23 Replies
Last post January 29, 2013, 01:45:02 PM
by rulesforrebels
xx
Are you glad Dave Hester is back on Storage Wars?

Started by Travis

6 Replies
Last post August 14, 2014, 12:16:37 AM
by Travis
xx
Dave Hester says Storage Wars producers paid for these !

Started by MovieMan

2 Replies
Last post December 11, 2012, 04:06:42 PM
by Travis