Storage Auctions

Dont think storage wars is going to be back next season

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
Dont think storage wars is going to be back next season
« on: August 15, 2011, 02:06:23 PM »
Finally! The ratings are dropping. Here are the lastest ratings for storage bors.16th place Storage Wars A&E Wed 10:00P-10:30P      Viewers    4,795

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
Re: Dont think storage wars is going to be back next season
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 02:31:49 PM »
yeah it loses its appeal after a while. i liked it when it first came out now i could kinda care less.

the toher thing like with all "reality" shows eventually the characters become c list celebrities and the show just isn't the same anymore.

look at jersey shore ya i know its dumb but first season maybe two they were a bunch of dumb kids from jersey and the show was somewhat authentic of dumb kids from jersey partying and getting a taste of fame. now they are all making 5 mill a year off endorsements and bar appearances and they all have big heads nad the show is not the same thing it began as.

not sure what makes a show stay and what makes a show a fad. pawn stars is here to stay as is american pickers, storage wars just doesn't have whatever those other two do.

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 10:41:54 PM »
Because pawn stars and americna pickers have content. Storage wars has a little bit of content but mostly fighting and bickering.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 11:23:48 PM »
Because pawn stars and americna pickers have content. Storage wars has a little bit of content but mostly fighting and bickering.

I am glad to hear this, so that even if they have several more different type of storage war type reality shows, it wont matter, people just are not interested in as much. So they will be jumping on the next BIG thing. Whatever that may be. Maybe exterminating with Billy or something, lol.

Oh almost forogt, I could actually care less about American Pckers, to me it has lost its Entertainment,. However I still love Pawn Stars. Even though I dont watch alot of it.

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 08:30:15 PM »
I am glad to hear this, so that even if they have several more different type of storage war type reality shows, it wont matter, people just are not interested in as much. So they will be jumping on the next BIG thing. Whatever that may be. Maybe exterminating with Billy or something, lol.

Oh almost forogt, I could actually care less about American Pckers, to me it has lost its Entertainment,. However I still love Pawn Stars. Even though I dont watch alot of it.
Have to admit I also enjot pawn stars. They did that cheap sell out energy drink commerical and that did ruin it for me. But I do dvr and watch the show when time permits.

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 09:55:28 PM »
What r u talking about they r doing storage wars eastcoast, storage wars south an all that I thought. Don't think it'll be the same guys but I know they been casting for them.

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 10:49:09 PM »
They will continue try different people,different cities and more drama.

Offline jrossjr79

• In it to Win it
    • MSN Messenger - jrossmakesmoney@gmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 10:52:42 AM »
They will continue try different people,different cities and more drama.

And when they do even more people will be like naw, I dont watch that show.

Offline acman

• Buying lockers without paying retail, FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 04:20:48 PM »
It will be on next season.  Hell, King of Cars was on for 2 seasons and that was hella more boring.  Storage war gets at least 4 seasons with the numbers it has drawn!

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 11:13:39 AM »
It will be on next season.  Hell, King of Cars was on for 2 seasons and that was hella more boring.  Storage war gets at least 4 seasons with the numbers it has drawn!
[/quotE-- wrong i WORK IN RADIO AND 4,000 VIEWERS youre not going to get verizon and other to pay 14,000 a minute . Trying being a sales person with amount of viewers to pay top dollar for ad space. they wont do it.

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 11:27:57 AM »
it was just in a big magazine with all of the characters holdingfists of hundred dollar bills.  Parade just had it on the front cover down here in Atlanta.  Hell even if it doesn't air another episode it has killed the storage auction industry for months and years to come.

Offline ChefJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 11:29:58 AM »
aqccording to this article 3 days ago their ratings are fine.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/08/15/friday-cable-ratings-storage-wars-tops-primetime-smackdown-falls-haven-thundercats-steady-more/100468/

And I believe your numbers in the OP were a bit off.  It was probably showing a 000 above that column.
In the article I posted you would only think there were 2231 viewers.  But its atually 2,231,000

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 04:44:08 PM »
its amazing how reality shows can make any job or hobby cool. everything from exterminating to storage auction hunting to trucking to cake decorating.

personally with shows like this i dont really like the story lines or the drama i like seing it from the actual business perspective not seeing some staged drama unfold between two characters. that said i think shows like pawn stars have just the right amount of storyline mixed in with the actual business at hand like when they go test shoot a gun they bought or something like that.

i really like that new show dirty money or whatever its called with the the guy and his son ratboy. cool take on junk/resale has the flea market aspect with the art and fixing things, cool combination. i dont really like the characters but the show is entertaining. kind of a cool take on resale as well. yeah a table is only worth whatever a table is worth but if you make it into a piece of art thats cool your salesmenship determines the price

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 09:44:53 PM »
Apparently you guys haven't been on MetalFlowersMedia's website. They are casting for New York and Miami and Storage War Dallas hasn't even premiered yet. Who knows how many season that will run.

I wouldn't count on a slow down anytime soon. :'(

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 09:31:32 AM »
Apparently you guys haven't been on MetalFlowersMedia's website. They are casting for New York and Miami and Storage War Dallas hasn't even premiered yet. Who knows how many season that will run.

I wouldn't count on a slow down anytime soon. :'(
Well you have to be ready just in case the the show does have enough advertising support for more shows. If they sell out or become 90% full they will run another season. Just saying the way every week numbers go down and ratings number drop it show there wont be another season. But you have to be prepared. They can film now and sell dvd later.

xx
Storage Wars Season 6 Season Finale

Started by Travis

20 Replies
Last post March 17, 2015, 02:44:53 AM
by Henry
xx
Lesa Lewis is Back on Storage Wars Texas

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post August 29, 2013, 10:06:31 AM
by bwd111
xx
Lesa and Jerry from Storage Wars: Texas are back.

Started by Travis

13 Replies
Last post October 31, 2012, 02:58:57 PM
by Travis
xx
Are you glad Dave Hester is back on Storage Wars?

Started by Travis

6 Replies
Last post August 14, 2014, 12:16:37 AM
by Travis