Storage Auctions

Storage Auction TV Show Coming Soon on Spike!!

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
Storage Auction TV Show Coming Soon on Spike!!
« on: May 18, 2010, 06:47:40 PM »
Watch out everyone! There is a tv show coming out sometime on spike called 'Auction Heroes'

Spike orders 'Auction Heroes'
Cable net has ordered eight half-hour episodes
By Georg Szalai
May 18, 2010, 12:00 PM ET
NEW YORK -- Spike TV is betting that storage-container auctions will draw an audience.

The network on Tuesday announced a new series called "Auction Heroes." It will showcase two business-savvy friends who make money by purchasing storage containers at auctions and re-selling the contents for a profit at pawn shops.

"This world is as cutthroat and angst-filled as Wall Street, where only the most brazen can turn someone's unclaimed goods into treasure," Spike said.

"A century ago it was the gold rush or the search for pirates' buried treasure," said Sharon Levy, Spike TV executive vp, original series and animation. "In 2010, storage container auctions are the new frontier for uncovering riches."

Spike TV has ordered eight half-hour episodes, with cast and airdate to be announced at a later date.

Re: Storage Auction TV Show Coming Soon on Spike!!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 10:28:37 PM »
Well it had to happen.......its bad enough when a local paper or tv channel runs a story, for the next 2-3 months the crowds are twice or three times the size, with this who knows how many people will show up. 

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 05:45:34 AM »
Yea it definitely is going to bring a lot of newbies out! I wonder when the show is going to come out though probably in the fall my guess. I dunno we will see...

Offline jimbo

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 07:29:30 PM »
hmmm should be interesting to watch being that we can relate... but i do see it bringing a lot more idiots out to the auctions!!

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 01:15:29 PM »
Yep, I am sure it will bring a lot of new people out, But as alway's it will not last long.

I love to hear the old timers talking to each other at some of the Auctions, There were two talking one day about washer and dryers, Was pretty loud in the converstion about not getting but $20.00 to $30.00 for them, The 2nd unit to auction only had a washer and dryer in it and one of them paid $150.00 for it, So much for only getting $20.00 to $30.00 for them. LOL

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 01:39:35 PM »
lol I just got 300 for a set! You just gotta hope they work!

catrone83

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 08:21:15 AM »
yea that will def bring newbies out!! but heck im a newbie!! haha but it will be cool to watch!

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 10:34:08 PM »

This looks like a very promising new show. I am so hooked in watching TV series. Can't wait to see the new season of Glee. Lipstick Jungle is so good as well. There are so many beautiful TV series and Auction Heroes is definitely one of them.

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 09:13:14 PM »
so now there is 2 shows coming out one on spike tv and the other on history channel!

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 01:31:53 PM »
The storage auction show on spike tv comes on this tuesday nov.9th at 10pm its called " Auction Hunters "

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 01:54:54 PM »
Hi Drew,
I watched the show on Tuesday night.  It was exciting!  Wish I could find what they are finding at their auctions.   :D

I went to an auction yesterday and they were talking about it!  The crowd was double what it normally was and the units went for twice as much too!  It's really competitive in our area.  And I really do think that the show and the Internet have made a difference in the number of bidders now.

Just my 2 cents!  Healthe

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 08:07:48 PM »
Yea the crowds are def. going to be a little big bigger for awhile!! Got to find the auctions that no one else knows about! ;D

Offline jimbo

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 08:14:50 PM »
yea i watched it too! they definitely glorify it a lot! they need to show all the junk units they buy in between the good ones!lol

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2010, 08:26:07 PM »
So is anyone else watching auction hunters?? What do you think?

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 01:06:07 AM »
I think if I consistently found everything they find and didn't have to waste my time hauling off garbage and the rest of the contents, I could be retired by now!  Fun show to watch, but I hope nobody watching the show just expects to jump in and find a gun in 3 out of 4 units, or to find a restored antique copper cash register in a unit full of junk.  Great entertainment, but leaves out a lot of the work involved!

xx
Spike tvs auction show

Started by bwd111

2 Replies
Last post January 15, 2013, 01:19:01 PM
by bwd111
xx
New Show Coming Real Deal on History

Started by countinguy

5 Replies
Last post January 16, 2012, 05:59:46 PM
by Boxlot
xx
Storage Auction TV Show...

Started by alloro

6 Replies
Last post November 08, 2011, 09:01:26 PM
by Roadvirus
xx
We have our own storage auction reality show...right here on this forum !

Started by MovieMan

27 Replies
Last post September 24, 2013, 10:05:46 PM
by Travis