Storage Auctions

Storage Wars!

Storage Wars!
« on: March 03, 2011, 05:38:13 PM »
Greeting auctioneers and buyers!

Some of you may have heard that we are looking for qualified auctioneers and professional buyers in the Miami area for an upcoming season of our show Storage Wars.  We're coming off a great first season, and we're looking to continue with the excitement that storage auctions bring.  If you are interested in appearing on our show, please send an email to [email protected].  You can also call me directly at 619-578-8500.  For more information, please go to metalflowersmedia.com

We have already spoken with some talented auctioneers and buyers but, if you think you have what it takes to be on our show, let us know!  I will look forward to hearing from you.  Please contact me no later than March 10th, 2011.

Sincerely,
Ryan Forber

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
Re: Storage Wars!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 06:17:46 PM »
WOW....I can hardly wait to see what kind of response you will get from the "old-timers" and "regulars" you will get to your post!

Unless, someone "sells out" the vast majority (in my opinion) will tell you where to go and probably mention that place where the sun don't shine. But what do I know. I made good money for 7 years doing this, but since the two shows came along not only the money but the fun has gone out of it.

Those of us who keep plugging away at it are still doing OK, but just not AS OK as before. Maybe that's only fair, but what the heck....guess reality tv is here to stay and all the reality channels as well. Wait, did I say "reality".

Here's a suggestion for your show that I hope you will take. Show the guys taking the stuff to the dump. A second suggestion is to be more open about the hard work and 1 in 10, 20 or 100 it takes to find a winner in the locker biz.

Now let the responses begin.

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 06:41:18 PM »
Had to remove my post in the South and move it to South East.  FYI.

Offline Drew

• Admin
    • View Profile
    • Online Storage Auctions
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 07:31:31 PM »
Yea it definitely would be cool if you all could show all aspects of this business! But I guess that wouldn't be good tv!

Offline rulesforrebels

• FreeStorageAuctionLists.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rulesforrebels
    • View Profile
    • Free Storage Auction Lists
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 12:06:21 PM »
I think its odd they dont show the bad units. Good tv is all about extremes, show the great units but also show the guy opening up tuppeware full of soup and food that's been in there for two years lol

Offline Travis

• Every storage unit he buys yields treasure.
    • View Profile
    • AuctionsTX.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 04:44:53 PM »
I have a feeling that the new shows in other cities will reflect the higher prices. I don't think the show will be as exciting watching someone pay $1000 for a 10x10 full of clothing inside trash bags. The show is quite entertaining but along with auction hunters, it essentially ruined an industry. Just look at what happened to the fishermen on Deadliest Catch. After the first season, there was a migration of workers applying at the docks, looking for fast money. There were so many people looking for jobs that the fishing industry in that area changed their profit sharing to a much lower salary.

All I can say is we have to ride it out, it will eventually get better.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 04:22:43 PM »
Here's some info from one of their links...

NOW CASTING!!
Storage Wars: “Get rich or die buyin’” on this A&E hit! We’re expanding to NY, Dallas, and Miami. If you are the best auctioneer in the business, we need you to be featured this hit series where buyers scour repossessed storage units in search of hidden treasures.

Let the reality begin !

xx
Newspapers VS. Storage Industry - The Real Storage Wars

Started by Travis

3 Replies
Last post February 26, 2015, 10:48:45 PM
by MikeMilez
xx
STORAGE WARS!

Started by Storage WarriorRF

0 Replies
Last post March 03, 2011, 06:26:52 PM