Storage Auctions

Storage Wars....Fall, 2011 Escapades !

Offline acman

• Buying lockers without paying retail, FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Storage Wars....Fall, 2011 Escapades !
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2011, 09:42:11 PM »
I liked Darrells locker(not at $2900 though)
Barry is regressing in locker picking, although his jokes are getting funnier
Jarrods locker was not worth a $1900 bid

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2011, 09:34:50 PM »
Tuesday, 11 29 2011

First episode....Dave only makes $150 profit !

Darrel makes a little over $300

The couple didn't buy.

Barry finds a 1950's TETHER CAR and makes $6K profit ! (what are the odds...1,000,000 to 1 unless a producer helps you out).

2nd half hour coming up.

OK, the producers must have felt sorry for all the losers Barry has bought over the last year or so. He came away this time with a $2.5K profit from a flourite carved head that lights up.  Funniest part though...he drops the base on the top of the glass display case at a dealer's place and cracks the glass !

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2011, 09:32:17 PM »
Tuesday, December 6, 2011

First half hour is the California guys at it again.

Jarrod gets one for $2,200.
Dave gets one for $750.
Derrell gets one for $2650.
Barry rides away in his skeleton jacket on a motorcycle.

Jarrod and Brandi find a visible safe in their lkr..neither had seen it; THEN…
Jarrod finds….another SAFE ! (2nd time my two safes in 1 lkr theory has come through).

Dave’s estimates of his item values are off the wall ($300 to $500 for two networking items…they often don’t sell because they’re outdated by the time they see light of day).

Derrel…likes his for value...fancy old trunk ….inside NADA !  Cigar Humidor (bet even the cigars are still good!). Humidor worth…..$1,300 up !

Jarrod’s small safe….coins. Locksmith for big safe…he drills it out just like my guy did a couple of months ago. (back for the reveal)…AFTER THE COMMERCIAL!

J’s big safe…..incredible…actual gold coins, some from old ships (Spanish Reals). I had to smile for the couple they were having such a good time ! Coin guy estimates $3,500 plus for the balance of coins (J. already sold $800 worth).

Hester has an accident…LOOKED STAGED !

Second half hour is Storage Wars Dallas…..Yee Haw ! (sorry Texans…we are REQUIRED to yell Yee Haw for this show. As one of my area auctioneer’s has sometimes observed “it’s the law!” (he is wrong too).

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2011, 07:43:11 AM »
Tuesday, December 6, 2011

First half hour is the California guys at it again.

Jarrod gets one for $2,200.
Dave gets one for $750.
Derrell gets one for $2650.
Barry rides away in his skeleton jacket on a motorcycle.

Jarrod and Brandi find a visible safe in their lkr..neither had seen it; THEN…
Jarrod finds….another SAFE ! (2nd time my two safes in 1 lkr theory has come through).

Dave’s estimates of his item values are off the wall ($300 to $500 for two networking items…they often don’t sell because they’re outdated by the time they see light of day).

Derrel…likes his for value...fancy old trunk ….inside NADA !  Cigar Humidor (bet even the cigars are still good!). Humidor worth…..$1,300 up !

Jarrod’s small safe….coins. Locksmith for big safe…he drills it out just like my guy did a couple of months ago. (back for the reveal)…AFTER THE COMMERCIAL!

J’s big safe…..incredible…actual gold coins, some from old ships (Spanish Reals). I had to smile for the couple they were having such a good time ! Coin guy estimates $3,500 plus for the balance of coins (J. already sold $800 worth).

Second half hour is Storage Wars Dallas…..Yee Haw ! (sorry Texans…we are REQUIRED to yell Yee Haw for this show. As one of my area auctioneer’s has sometimes observed “it’s the law!” (he is wrong too).

WOW JUST WOW Spanish gold and Peter Max art, what am I doing wrong in this business, somebody tell me how I am missing all this great action!  ::)

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2011, 12:33:34 PM »

I don't think it was staged. The cameraman was way out of position. Had to run around the truck and adjust his filters to get it on film.

I think if it was staged, the camera would've been at the ready to catch the whole thing.

Offline ronin

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2011, 08:11:36 AM »
MatchesMalone they tap an auction a few times. if they miss something  they will ask them to do it again. this i know for sure seen it more then a few times. the show i not what it looks like in any way.

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2011, 11:46:44 AM »
MatchesMalone they tap an auction a few times. if they miss something  they will ask them to do it again. this i know for sure seen it more then a few times. the show i not what it looks like in any way.

The accident in question was away from the auction site. As Hester was getting out of his truck to have an item appraised, he dropped it and jacked-up the lid. MovieMan said it looked staged and I disagreed.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2011, 09:33:41 PM »
Tuesday Dec 13, 2011...

Great now people will start blowing whistles or squeezing rubber chickens to get the auctioneer’s attention…thanks a lot SW !

Barry gets one for $1600.

Nabila…a new bidder (probably just for this episode)…but seems professional.

Jarrod wins one for $3300.

Nabila gets one for $450 AND they let her show it to us…does this mean a new player for the program ? That bump on her rump (under the red top) is her FM transmitter/Mic.

J and B open the $3300 lkr…and see….items they over-value. Last chest of drawers…what a surprise…they find something of value in one of the drawers…give me a storage wars BREAK !

Yep, the last items they find in all the good furniture are some cigarette cases...these pay the bills...one estimated at $4K to $5K.  Only on TV !

Barry finds one piece of ivory in his locker....what's it worth?  A cool.....$1K...he's only down $500.

Brandi and Jarrod...made $5K.  I've been going to the wrong auctions !  :(

Up next...Yee Haw !

Offline acman

• Buying lockers without paying retail, FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2011, 09:59:05 PM »
OMG, and I thought Barry's jokes were bad, please A and E get Moe out of there.

Offline Cobia

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2011, 07:42:14 AM »
Brandi and Jarrod...made $5K.  I've been going to the wrong auctions ! 

Yea I know, people don't understand you just don't find stuff like that in the rest of the country. Now Movieman, if you moved out to California and did the auctions out there you would probably strike it rich once a month too!! Oh wait a minute...

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2011, 12:40:25 PM »
Tuesday Dec 13, 2011...

Nabila…a new bidder (probably just for this episode)…but seems professional.

Nabila Haniss, she is the buyer that got the Paris Hilton storage unit, sold the contents for $10 million.

Offline MovieMan

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2011, 09:06:02 PM »
Tuesday, December 20, 2011...

Nabila is back !

Barry brings a drone with camera for flying inside a locker !

Barry flies his drone inside...Dotson...shuts him down...says Barry can't bid...and Darrell wins it for $7K.

Brandi...could you shorten that skirt up just a bit...I know some guys here would bid on those butt cheeks.  ;D

The pair got a compoud bow, bronze (?) bear, lots of other goodies....they paid $3400 for the lkr.

Two of the bows need help....last one belonged to U.S. Archery Team.....for all three...expert says $750 for all three.

Barry likes the bowed glass cabinet....his and hers barbecues...the humor is wearing thin.  Predict he breaks the curved glass !

Barry takes costume jewelry to appraiser...lkr cost $1650...stuff is worth....$3675.

Darrell paid $7K for a construction lkr...figures it's worth $25K.

Now on to TEXAS !

Offline bwd111

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2011, 01:48:45 PM »

xx
Storage Wars Texas...Fall, 2011

Started by MovieMan

37 Replies
Last post January 25, 2012, 02:01:06 AM
by Shmoopy
xx
Storage Wars Canada to Premiere Fall of 2013

Started by Travis

1 Replies
Last post September 11, 2013, 10:28:09 AM